South Frigate Bay

Sir_Randy

After doing excursions the past 5 days, we are planning on chilling in St Kitts. A couple years ago we did a 10 day Bare Boat in BVI, enjoyed hanging out at the sand floored beach bars, and eating grilled lobster.

Anyone been to S, Frigate Bay lately?

Transportation best by land taxi or water taxi?

Once there, can you walk across to the other side of the island, and is that something we should do?

How far would it be if we walked? Anything between S. Frigate and the Pier?

Thank you!

We usually take land taxi to South Frigate for $10 each way(4of us) and hang out at Ziggys beach bar. Not sure about the lobster, but the kids love his fries and we enjoy his discount for beer by the bucket!icon12.gif Great for a relaxing day and Dennis's massage is worth every $$, if he's around! Fair floated back to the ship after it. Kids said the snorkelling pretty good here. The walk between north and south is supposed to be about 30mins. Never done the walk but the taxi driver took us up to view point to get some pics of Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea together. They are amazing, so thats worth doing. Nothing much between port and South Frigate but fields, golf course and residences. Hope this helps, happy hols!

We usually take land taxi to South Frigate for $10 each way(4of us) and hang out at Ziggys beach bar. Not sure about the lobster, but the kids love his fries and we enjoy his discount for beer by the bucket!icon12.gif Great for a relaxing day and Dennis's massage is worth every $$, if he's around! Fair floated back to the ship after it. Kids said the snorkelling pretty good here. The walk between north and south is supposed to be about 30mins. Never done the walk but the taxi driver took us up to view point to get some pics of Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea together. They are amazing, so thats worth doing. Nothing much between port and South Frigate but fields, golf course and residences. Hope this helps, happy hols!

Can we rent chaises and umbrellas at Ziggy's? We need shade

Sounds like Ziggys is a good place to hang for the day and it seems as if the cab fare is about $ 10-12 each way for 4 of us 2 adults/2 teens.

Do you have to pre-arrange pick up with the same driver and use the I'll pay you on the return trip thing, or is there always taxis waiting by Ziggys or somewhere else.

Do they rent water toys, jet skis or snorkel gear. Is mr x shigidy shack here or S. Friars?

Canuk,

• 2 weeks later...

We're not huge beach people, so North Frigate Beach being closest seemed most reasonable as its cheapest to get to. We'll probably only be there for 1.5-2hrs. Just want to make sure of a couple of things:

Is there a place to rent chairs?

Is there a public resturant?

Can you pay to use Marriott ammenities if you want to?

Any more details welcome! Thanks!

We visited S. Frigate beach last week; and, we were underwhelmed. As a matter of fact, we looked at the beach and re-boarded the tax and returned to the ship. This beach did not meet our Sanibel Island test.

We were thinking of going either to South Frigate or Friar's beach. Please elaborate on what you didn't like. Thanks.

PS To what other beaches did you go? In Barbados? Elsewhere?

We were thinking of going either to South Frigate or Friar's beach. Please elaborate on what you didn't like. Thanks.

PS To what other beaches did you go? In Barbados? Elsewhere?

It was honky tonk. The other beaches we visited were Redouit in St. Lucia, Brandons in Barbados, Belair Resort in St. Martin; and, Smith Bay Park in St. Thomas. They were all very nice.

It was honky tonk. The other beaches we visited were Redouit in St. Lucia, Brandons in Barbados, Belair Resort in St. Martin; and, Smith Bay Park in St. Thomas. They were all very nice.

Thank you for the information. Honky tonk won't do! I wonder if Friars is quieter?

How was Brandons? Did you take a cab? Were there chaises, umbrellas and bathrooms? We have been to Carlisle. Is that the same? I think we will also go to Reduit. I have never heard of Belair Resort. I will look it up.

I am also curious about Brandons in Barbados. I have gotten conflicting stories about how far it is from the ships. Is it walkable?

Thank you for the information. Honky tonk won't do! I wonder if Friars is quieter?

How was Brandons? Did you take a cab? Were there chaises' date=' umbrellas and bathrooms? We have been to Carlisle. Is that the same? I think we will also go to Reduit. I have never heard of Belair Resort. I will look it up.[/quote']

You could rent chairs; and, there were benches and shade trees. Belair Resort is next to little Divi.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after reading the boards we debated between South Frigates and Cockle Shell and decided on S. Frigates. We were met by a taxi driver at the pier and he wanted $ 15 for 4 of us each way. We wanted to go further up the road to get the picture of the Atlantic and Caribbean Sea so for a few more $$ the driver took us to the lookout just past Frigates Bay. With the morning sun you would get a better shot if you went further East along the peninsula. The single side is S. Frigates and the Marrott but it is on the A side and I suspect the seas would be a little rougher.

At Zizzys we were met by a great guy who took care of us. It was $ 5 / chair and we also got the umbrella and a chair pad. The sand on this beach is not the best, kind of dark and a bit corse but that's St Kitts. The water was warm and a bit murky due to the surf.

We were right beside a water toy rental booth and the boys went out on a good 2 person tube ride for $ 30. The caribe beer was good and only $ 2 ea. If your looking for a day on the beach with drinks and people watching this place will work for you. Oh yes they have showeres and washroom facilities.

PIC_1125.jpg.d67c68cd508f0fda7c587c4fc32027cd.jpg

PIC_1126.jpg.513f94e83e354782cdee180b34373fb2.jpg

PIC_1134.jpg.93a9858f2c293da18aa4d5ad54461be5.jpg

PIC_1118.jpg.3ccbff8016eec11cc46e8a983f6eb696.jpg

PIC_1119.jpg.09edcf8eea58b1d4cfcb86a12b4386c0.jpg

cons

poor beach .....rockey ....watch your step! Grtting in or out of the water was hard!! Sand was black.....beer cheap.....food was expensive plenty of chairs /umbrellas for rent.

pros

close to ship, cheap to get to.....

I would not return to this beach

Archived