Last look at the Holiday

PunkinsDad

Driving to work this morning I saw the Holiday at her normal berth after returning from her last cruise for CCL. I figured that'd probably be the last time I'd see her.

Well apparently not. When I was driving home in the early afternoon, Holiday had moved from the cruise terminal to a berth at the Atlantic Marine shipyard across the channel. Perhaps that's where she will receive her refit and new paint before heading to Spain? I tried to take a picture with my iPhone, but it didn't turn out too well.

We only sailed on her once, but it was among the very best vacation experiences we've ever had, and her crew was the best we've ever sailed with so far.

This is a lousy picture, but it was the best I could do. This was taken on 11/7/2009 at about 4:00pm. Holiday was moored at Atlantic Marine in Mobile after shifting berths from the Cruise Terminal. According to the Harbormaster's website she departed the same day for Cartagena, Spain.

I wanted a better picture, but all I had was my phone, and I couldn't get any closer.

Holiday.jpg.e032a6050badb58ccb0931a6e9810b75.jpg

I love the Holiday! I've taken 3 pack 'n go's on her since I live right here in Mobile, and will really miss her! And, I totally agree that her crew is the absolute best! Nothing but smiling faces and eager to please! The last trip I made on her was just this past July, and my favorite bartender, Ramona, from the aft bar said that she got the e-mail while we were out that she'd be cross-decking to the Fantasy! We all jumped up and down and squealed and giggled like little girls! (We may be pushin' 40, but girls will be girls!)

Fair winds and following seas, Holiday! I'll miss my special vacation *home*!

The Holiday is over there getting her spare driveshaft loaded. It weighs 20 tons. Once secure she will sail to Miami. From there to Freeport to be transferred to the new owners. She will then be sailed to Italy for retrofit.

Dave

I love the Holiday! I've taken 3 pack 'n go's on her since I live right here in Mobile, and will really miss her! And, I totally agree that her crew is the absolute best! Nothing but smiling faces and eager to please! The last trip I made on her was just this past July, and my favorite bartender, Ramona, from the aft bar said that she got the e-mail while we were out that she'd be cross-decking to the Fantasy! We all jumped up and down and squealed and giggled like little girls! (We may be pushin' 40, but girls will be girls!)

Fair winds and following seas, Holiday! I'll miss my special vacation *home*!

Ramona signed off on the Oct 29th cruise but remained onboard to be with her husband. I was not able to talk to her to see if they are going home as she was close to the end of her contract.

Dave

Ramona signed off on the Oct 29th cruise but remained onboard to be with her husband. I was not able to talk to her to see if they are going home as she was close to the end of her contract.

Dave

Awww! We loved her! She was wonderful! I was so looking forward to seeing her on the Fantasy!

The Holiday is over there getting her spare driveshaft loaded. It weighs 20 tons. Once secure she will sail to Miami. From there to Freeport to be transferred to the new owners. She will then be sailed to Italy for retrofit.

Dave

Italy (Fincanteri) makes perfect sense. Not sure why the Harbormaster would have reported her destination as Cartagena.

In any case, I'm sure she will continue to make passengers happy and I'll miss seeing her every week as I drive to work. :)

Awww! We loved her! She was wonderful! I was so looking forward to seeing her on the Fantasy!

When we sailed in August she told me that they were taking leave going home and returning for another contract on the Fantasy. I'm hoping that's still the case as we are going to try and sneak in a trip on the Fantasy before she moves to Charleston. And a Cruise out of Mobile just wouldn't be the same with out Ramona makin' my drinks! :):p;):D

Archived