Where is the 79.00 romance package?

redgrave

Where was teh first screwing and how are you getting screwed a second time when you are not required to buy it in the first place?

He's hoping that the romance package is going to lead to a romantic evening. ;)

I have to say the "you're not required to pay for ***" logic don't work well for me. I for one am not happy with a plain cheese pizza. If Domino's doubles the price of toppings AFTER I already ordered the pizza, I would not be happy. Of course nobody is forcing me to eat pepperoni...

HA,HA,HA....good one, very good one.:D

I have to say the "you're not required to pay for ***" logic don't work well for me. I for one am not happy with a plain cheese pizza. If Domino's doubles the price of toppings AFTER I already ordered the pizza, I would not be happy. Of course nobody is forcing me to eat pepperoni...

Your logic works as you've stated but remember, the OP had not purchased it yet.;)

Xu Chen, the price change did not occur after you "ordered the pizza." You booked the cruise; they did not change the price of the cruise. Had you ordered the romance package, NCL would have honored the price. From the previous threads it is clear you knew of the package, but you hadn't ordered it. Now the package price has changed; take it or leave it. Perhaps an all-inclusive resort would suit your pricing expectations better than cruises.

I had planned to order the romance package on each of our next 4 cruises, but was waiting to order it until closer to each departure date. Should I be 4 times more upset than you? I'm not. I will not order the package at $135, and will but only the items I really, really want on the ships. In all likelihood pass on so many items that NCL will actually make less money off me.

No ones gettin any in LeBistro. Now we have another reason to go to our cabins and do as d man said ;)

Ya know, this really is starting to sound like you booked the cruise because of the $79 romance package :eek:. I would have ordered it myself, but certainly am not to be swayed either way on the booking for that

No ones gettin any in LeBistro. Now we have another reason to go to our cabins and do as d man said ;)

Ya know, this really is starting to sound like you booked the cruise because of the $79 romance package :eek:. I would have ordered it myself, but certainly am not to be swayed either way on the booking for that

It certainly was part of the consideration! Wouldn't have changed my decision either. I'm not mad about money. I think I just feel disrespected by NCL and wish they were more polite and gave some notification for big price changes like this. But you guys are correct, they have the right to charge what they want.

I would like to take this chance to recommend to the OP that having a balcony cabin is more conducive to romantic activities than any champagne or cake. Take the $135 and get yourself a room upgrade if you don't have one already.

If Domino's doubles the price of toppings AFTER I already ordered the pizza, I would not be happy. Of course nobody is forcing me to eat pepperoni...

But the difference is, you haven't ordered the pizza yet. Anyone who has, got it for $79.00

CG

It certainly was part of the consideration! Wouldn't have changed my decision either. I'm not mad about money. I think I just feel disrespected by NCL and wish they were more polite and gave some notification for big price changes like this. But you guys are correct, they have the right to charge what they want.

I would like to take this chance to recommend to the OP that having a balcony cabin is more conducive to romantic activities than any champagne or cake. Take the $135 and get yourself a room upgrade if you don't have one already.

Oh come now, xu chen, of course you are mad about money. You have posted over and over about the $65 price change. While a large percentage of the price of the romance package, in the big picture of the cruise a $65 price change on an optional package is not a "big price change" requiring notification IMHO. Fare change by more than that pp overnight. Nor is a price increase disrepectful. Times are tight and NCL is increasing fees on optional items. Fares are still a great value. So far they have not reinstituted a manditory fuel surcharge. They have the right to do so, and the surcharge would add substantially to your bill. I'm grateful everytime I cruise without the surcharge.

Oh come now, xu chen, of course you are mad about money. You have posted over and over about the $65 price change. While a large percentage of the price of the romance package, in the big picture of the cruise a $65 price change on an optional package is not a "big price change" requiring notification IMHO. Fare change by more than that pp overnight. Nor is a price increase disrepectful. Times are tight and NCL is increasing fees on optional items. Fares are still a great value. So far they have not reinstituted a manditory fuel surcharge. They have the right to do so, and the surcharge would add substantially to your bill. I'm grateful everytime I cruise without the surcharge.

You are right times are tight. They are especially tight for NCL. it's funny that they were actually on CNBC the other day and admitted that they had been losing money. The show also mentioned Carnival and RCCL have somehow made a profit so I think comparatively, NCL is in trouble.

The guy from NCL actually mentioned that they have an alcohol sales quota per sailing, and need to meet it in order to make the sailing profitable. They also mentioned that their strategy is to get people on board, then count on everyone wanting extras.

BTW I know I will not get hit with surcharge because at the time of my booking, NCL already announced that they are suspending fuel surcharges for all 2009 sailings. Nice gesture on their part, as oil is above $65 a barrel now.

I also find it interesting that there is so much negativity on the NCL forums compared to the CC forums for the other mainstream lines. Half the people are angry at NCL and the other half are angry at those people.

Like the poster mentioned, I think I'm the type who would appreciate an all-inclusive type resort more and will strongly consider that next vacation. I don't think I'm the type of customer that NCL needs right now.

I do not find contributors any more angry on NCL than on any of the other boards. Take a look at Princess, for example. If OP complains about Princess and a contributor disagrees, the contributor is almost immediately called a Princess cheerleader. How is that any different than the NCL threads?

Actually, this whole "if you disagree with me you are a cruise line cheerleader" business is striking for its lack of intelligence. People who write that are all but admitting that they can not defend their positions. Otherwise they would simply point out why they are right. Yet they seem unable to comprehend that their attacks are weakening their arguments.

Bill

BTW I know I will not get hit with surcharge because at the time of my booking, NCL already announced that they are suspending fuel surcharges for all 2009 sailings. Nice gesture on their part, as oil is above $65 a barrel now.

I also find it interesting that there is so much negativity on the NCL forums compared to the CC forums for the other mainstream lines. Half the people are angry at NCL and the other half are angry at those people.

Like the poster mentioned, I think I'm the type who would appreciate an all-inclusive type resort more and will strongly consider that next vacation. I don't think I'm the type of customer that NCL needs right now.

Be careful with your assumptions, xu chen. NCL has currently suspended the fuel charge, but they have reserved the right to re-instate it when oil is above $65 (see NCL quote below). Oil has been above that threshold for some time now, so, again, I am grateful each time I cruise without it. Having held out this long, NCL probably will not reinstate it before your 2009 cruise, but they have the right to collect it if they wish. IMHO, anyone sailing should budget for the fuel surcharge, then be happy if NCL declines to collect.

"NCL is suspending the company's fuel supplement for all voyages departing in 2009. The Company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests should the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $65 per barrel. NCL may collect any fuel supplement charge in effect at the time of sailing, even if the cruise fare has been paid in full."

Of course there is negativity on the boards. People with a complaint seek out the boards, while happy ones do not. I see negativity on all the boards. While many love it, NCL's freestyle, casual style seems to flop with some cruisers who want a traditional, more formal cruise experience. And some of those passengers seem offended by the mere presence of many surcharge restaurants, though NCL does not drag passengers away from the free venues. Other than that, I do not think there is more negativity here.

....The guy from NCL actually mentioned that they have an alcohol sales quota per sailing, and need to meet it in order to make the sailing profitable. They also mentioned that their strategy is to get people on board, then count on everyone wanting extras.

..... I think I'm the type who would appreciate an all-inclusive type resort more and will strongly consider that next vacation. I don't think I'm the type of customer that NCL needs right now.

Every cruise line is in business to make a profit. There are two general strategies at opposite ends of a spectrum: some lines charge a relatively low cabin fee and count on revenue from on-board extras while others charge a large cabin fee and include everything. If you are interested in an all-inclusive cruise check out lines such as Regent and Silversea but I warn you in advance to expect some sticker shock.

All the hand-ringing about the price increase for this package strikes me as a little much. The bottom line for the package's popularity was that it represented a great value, perhaps to the point now where it was costing NCL money. Price increases are a fact of life and you were not guaranteed the package at the low price when you booked your cruise. Those that are unhappy can always speak with their wallets: don't buy the package of if you are really tremendously upset don't sail NCL. If it hurts NCl's bottom line enough, things might change.

All the hand-ringing about the price increase for this package strikes me as a little much. The bottom line for the package's popularity was that it represented a great value, perhaps to the point now where it was costing NCL money. Price increases are a fact of life and you were not guaranteed the package at the low price when you booked your cruise.

I agree that prices go up but this increase seems way overboard. I can see a $20-$30 increase but $56? Seems excessive to me. I will not be purchasing this package in the future although I have enjoyed it the past.

The guy from NCL actually mentioned that they have an alcohol sales quota per sailing.

I for one am going to do my part to make sure that the quota is not only met, but exceeded;)

Giddy up!

Sandy.

Me too!!!! Happy to oblige!:D

I must be missing something here.:confused:

NCL's website shows a "romance package" for 249.00 and a "deluxe romance" package for 329.00.

The package for 135.00 is the anniversay/honeymoon thingy.....

Anybody care to clear up my confusion? Which one of these is the subject of this thread????

IMO.....they are all over-priced considering what's included anyway.:D

I must be missing something here.:confused:

NCL's website shows a "romance package" for 249.00 and a "deluxe romance" package for 329.00.

The package for 135.00 is the anniversay/honeymoon thingy.....

Anybody care to clear up my confusion? Which one of these is the subject of this thread????

The OP is talking about the $135 Honeymoon package.

Me too!!!! Happy to oblige!:D

Just last week on the Star walking along the beautiful promenade deck we wondered how NCL could ever make ends meet. With what the average person pays to cruise for a week and with what all we get in return we realize and are forever grateful for you guys that exceed the quota to make this possible for everyone!!!

G'ma, it was a great deal at $79, a bottle of bubbly, dinner at Le Bistro for 2, chocolate covered strawberries on embarkation day, a bottle of wine at dinner, a cake, canapes during the week, a picture and a party.

Looking at exactly what was included for $79, I have to wonder again, why so much of an increase? The bottles of wine are nothing special and must cost NCL no more than $15 for both. Strawberries; $3, canapes; $3, cake; $5, the pic; $2, Le Bistro $30...can someone explain how all that is worth $135?

The guy from NCL actually mentioned that they have an alcohol sales quota per sailing,

All cruise lines have this. If you ever get off a ship at port that winds you through the crew quarters, check out the boards posted on the walls. How much alcohol has been sold is ALWAYS posted along with the day's goal for drink sales.

It also posts the notes people leave about the crew, so you know they are read and appreciated.

Archived