Whats close to the dock

boowaaccaa

Is there anything close to the dock that is walkable to do excursion wise? I know the island is known for hiking and rainforests and water falls--but I was hoping to do a historical walking tour and then relax on a beach--is this possible here? Or maybe another economical activity?

IMO this is the one island you should plan an excursion - there are several tour companies that will take you out for most of the day for $40-$45 dollars. Last year I went with Levi to Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls, Hot Springs, Botanical Garden and the Morne Bruce overlook and saw a lot of the island in the process. The beaches are black sand and not that visually appealing (water is dark in color because of the dark sand). I didn't find the dock area with its market too exciting. You can find better economical activities on other islands. Where else are you stopping? For example, on St. Thomas you can get to Sapphire Beach on the $2 bus. Antigua and Barbados also have public bus options that will get you to a beach. On St. Martin you can walk to Phillipsburg and use the public beach and go shopping.

Although I agree with the previous poster, having been to Dominica twice, if you are set on just strolling around Roseau, here's some info I found on Fodor's site: http://www.fodors.com/world/caribbean/dominica/review-449645.html

If your cruise goes to St Thomas, there is also a very nice walking tour there you can take of Charlotte Amalie.

Thanks to both for your infomation.

I have done extensive tours on both islands of Grenada and St. Lucia and also toured Hondouras---so as much as I enjoyed the rainforest, the sulfur springs, rivers, pitons, island views, a boiling lake, etc. I was hoping for something with less driving around in a van.

Now that being said, 123 I looked over your list and I do find TiTou Gorge interesting...

Archived