Oasis makes it on SNL!!

DEIx15x8

Saturday Night Live just aired an Oasis of the Seas joke during Weekend Update!! Another example of the far reaches this ship has, don't see the Dream showing up at all.

Transcript:

The 20 story tall "Oasis of the Seas," The world's largest cruise ship began her maiden voyage this week. Five times larger than the "Titanic," it has seven neighborhoods, an ice rink, a golf course, a 750 seat outdoor amphitheater, and please say "guns to fight off pirates." No, No guns to fight off pirates? Enjoy your new boat, pirates.

For a joke that was surprisingly good advertising with no negative impact.

As soon as the show is over I'll encode an HD video of it to upload to Youtube. The link will be in a lower comment. NBC tends to remove videos though so I'm not sure how long it will be available after I post it.

Whoops! The video is gone already with a statement from NBC. Dang! I would have liked to have seen it.

Yep, It was gone by 3am. I also got some extra statements from NBC that I had not gotten in the past. Not sure what they were about.

Archived