2010 Alaska Cruise Line Availability??

lauriebird

I have been trying to price compare 2010 Alaska Cruises and using "Cruise Critic". When I go to find a cruise and look for ships with Princess or NCL other lines I am pretty sure will be going this summer I can't get any info. Yes, Yes, Yes I am new to just about everything connected to cruising but trying to learn.

Thanks,

Lauriebird

Hi Lauriebird - check out the individual cruise websites one at a time, then see which has the best itineraries, port times, prices, cabin availabilities, etc. You also need to consider whether you want roundtrip Seattle or Vancouver, or north/southbound one-way cruise with some added time in AK either prior to or after your cruise.

We like HAL, have sailed them twice to Alaska, and are booked on their new 14 day roundtrip Seattle itinerary on May31st sailing. I understand Princess does very well in Alaska as well. Alaska isn't like a carribean cruise with the non-stop partying, but rather more about the wildlife, scenery, and excursions in port. As others constantly pound into your heads on this board - with good reason - do your homework and decide what it is you want out of this trip. Flightseeing? Whalewatching? Glaciers? Scenery? or a mix of all of the above. Then decide roundtrip or one-way. THEN check out each of the cruiseline's websites to find which best meets your needs.

Spend a lot of time researching this Alaska board as well. Use the search feature on upper right side and type in some key words. You will find that there are many, many knowledgeable folks here who are more than willing to help once you can narrow things down a bit. Check for posts from Budget Queen, PennyAgain, Susan from Anchorage, VBMom, Yukon, and others who have "been there, done that" or live in the area and can give you the best advice possible. Good luck in your mission....should you choose to accept it!;)

Before you start looking at a cruise selection, you will be better off, finding out about Alaska. Key points to consider, is what route- one way or round trip. With a one way, I highly recommend adding, time. More is always better, go for as long as you can afford, to take advantage of being all the way there.

Find out about ports, there are only 6 different Inside Passage Alaska ports, all very different from each other. Make your choices on WHAT you wish to do. Find out about glacier differences. Then look for a ship that offers the most for you.

All the cruiselines, will offer you something good for Alaska. :) It's the detail differences, that you may be concerned about.

Head to your library and take out Alaska By Cruiseship, also get Fodor's Alaska and Frommer's Alaska, along with Alaska travel books.

The more you know, the better your selection will be for your Alaska sightseeing priority.

Archived