Beer on Veendam It's About Time !!

gregdude

The best brew I ever had was a can of budweiser that was 100 degrees. We were at a firebase on the top of a hill in Nam and a chopper delivered a pallet of Budweiser to our Artillery Base. It was compliments of an infantry unit that we had been supporting.

It was the best brew that any of us ever had and everytime I drink one it reminds me of that taste.

Jim (withoutRuth)

The best brew I ever had was a can of budweiser that was 100 degrees. We were at a firebase on the top of a hill in Nam and a chopper delivered a pallet of Budweiser to our Artillery Base. It was compliments of an infantry unit that we had been supporting.

It was the best brew that any of us ever had and everytime I drink one it reminds me of that taste.

Jim (withoutRuth)

Very special circumstances and I can see that it holds a dear place in your heart and mind! Enjoy your next Bud, bud, and I'll toast you with my Sam Adams. :)

Did I see DRAUGHT beer?

Yes, I believe I did! I hope this spreads quickly through the fleet!

And Jim - That's a great reason to forever enjoy a Bud. I can't say that I approve of Rice and Corn in a beer - But if we ever sail together I'll buy a round of Buds and make a toast to you for your service!

Thank all of you for your kind coments.

Anytime we travel together be sure to let me know and we will meet at the bar and share some memories and a couple glasses/bottles/cans of suds

Jim (without Ruth)

Got a question for you beer lovers.

On the ships there is budweiser in the old fashioned cans and in the new aluminum bottles. To me they do not taste the same. Is this my emagination. I still prefer the long neck bottle but will drink out of old fashined can??????????????????

Jim

Jim...I'm sorry to say, I think it's your imagination!

I work in the Packaging industry.

Boh the traditional Aluminum can and the new Aluminum "bottle" are made of basically the same grade of aluminum and have the same coating on the inside. The greater mass of the aluminum "Bottle" help keep the beverage colder longer.

I still prefer glass, but the aluminum is a much "greener" alternative due to the drastically lower weight of the container. It is also easier to recycle and poses not cutting risk if dropped as it surley won't shatter like glass!

On the ships there is budweiser in the old fashioned cans and in the new aluminum bottles. To me they do not taste the same. Is this my emagination. I still prefer the long neck bottle but will drink out of old fashined can??????????????????

Jim

I don't know, but maybe it has something to do with your lips touching metal vs glass. If possible, try a side-by-side test sometime, pouring the beer into a glass in each case. :)

Jim...I'm sorry to say, I think it's your imagination!

I work in the Packaging industry.

Boh the traditional Aluminum can and the new Aluminum "bottle" are made of basically the same grade of aluminum and have the same coating on the inside. The greater mass of the aluminum "Bottle" help keep the beverage colder longer.

I still prefer glass, but the aluminum is a much "greener" alternative due to the drastically lower weight of the container. It is also easier to recycle and poses not cutting risk if dropped as it surley won't shatter like glass!

Is it true you get alzheimers from drinking out of a can? That's a rumor around here. So, every one gets the bottles. Hah. You should hear it around here on recycle day. Crash! It's really funny. Separates the jokers from the big boys, I'll tell ya!:)

My husband was soooo happy when he saw the new beer list. It is more in line with the beer line-up that Carnival has. I am hoping that this list will be on Eurodam in December and on Zuiderdam next May. I think it is interesting that there are beers on draught as well.

REFRESHING

Ruth & Jim

It's five o'clock somewhere.................

Actually, if you are ever on a dock on Block Island, RI, I swear, no lie, you can hear the beer cans pop at noon once the horn goes off. It's a hoot. Ok, Jim, I'm with you on the Bud, but I like Bud light. Ok, now everyone can criticize me. You snobs!:)

Archived