Emerald Deck Mini suites on Star or similar

familytrippers

Has anyone stayed in any of the minisuites on the Emerald deck on the Star or similar ship (cat. AD)? I wanted this cabin due to the covered balcony but am now concerned about whether there is much noise in the cabin being as it is above the Vista Lounge. How much noise is there and is it until late at night? Do you hear the movies being played during the day? Would appreciate hearing from anyone who's experienced it. thanks!

Has anyone stayed in any of the minisuites on the Emerald deck on the Star or similar ship (cat. AD)? I wanted this cabin due to the covered balcony but am now concerned about whether there is much noise in the cabin being as it is above the Vista Lounge. How much noise is there and is it until late at night? Do you hear the movies being played during the day? Would appreciate hearing from anyone who's experienced it. thanks!
IMHO, these are the best cabins on the Grand-class ships. Very quiet and private, no noise from below. If you have the last cabin on the starboard (even-numbered cabins), which is directly above the bandstand, there MAY be a little noise but most report not hearing anything. If you're on the port side or further forward on the starboard side, you won't hear a thing.

thanks so much, that is what I was hoping! we'll be in antarctica on the star in January and I felt that the covered balcony would make all the difference if the weather was bad! appreciate the info....
Bring warm coats, hats, mittens and a scarf. Even in "good" weather in Antarctica, the temperature is in the 30s in January. It's an amazing cruise and experience. I was on HAL and we stopped at Palmer Station, one of the three U.S. stations in Antarctica (South Pole and McMurdo are the other two) and the researchers and staff from the station boarded the ship for the day as we cruised the area and talked to passengers about their lives at the station and what they did (as well as took showers and ate in the buffet :)) That was a highlight. I hope for your sake that Princess does the same thing.

I'm confused. Looking at the deck plans the even numbered cabins are on the port side and the stage in the lounge below also appears to be on the port side. Wouldn't it be better to be on the starboard side in an odd numbered cabin in order to avoid any noise issues?

Lol, I knew Pam would beat me to it! I agree with Pam 100%, these are the BEST cabins on the ship! Our last cruise was on the Star, we stayed in E724, and although we did hear a little bass now and then, it was never troubling and usually ended between 9-10pm. You could actually hear it more in the bathroom lol. You cannot hear it while out on the balcony. Our Hawaii cruise we have booked E731, if you can get either E731 or E728, they both have extended balconies and a partial wake view.

NEVER heard any of the movies TG!!! Lol, I can hardly stand MUTS, I'd have to draw the line if I could hear it in my room! :p

Really, you'll love the location, just wonderful, very peaceful (if you don't have neighbors like we had :rolleyes:) which you wont, out of all of our cruises, this was the first time we actually heard our neighbors, we've been very lucky. I say go for it!!! You will feel a bit more motion, but if your like us it becomes another fun part of cruising, and you will feel the vibrations while docking, but most people are up early on port days, you may fall into that category also, and so it will not bother you much. Have a great time!

Our Hawaii cruise we have booked E731, if you can get either E731 or E728, they both have extended balconies and a partial wake view.

I totally Agree! or to quote my daughter "ITA"

We had E728 on the Star and it was amazing! A huge balcony that was great for viewing & entertaining friends, full-sized tub and we heard nothing from the entertainment below--only an occasional thrumming from the engines or thrusters. I was afraid I'd get a bit sea-sick being so far aft, but, there were no worries even though we were being chased around the Caribbean by Hurricane Wilma...

(from wiki: "
Hurricane Wilma
[2005] was the most intense
ever recorded in the
.")

....I truly would plan my future cruise around that cabin or 751 being available!!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived