Botox, Restylane & Perlane

drarill

I was trying to make some spa appointments for our Oasis cruise and found that Elemis is offering Botox ($350) and Restylane & Perlane ($700) treatments on their Spa services. We were on the IOS a couple of months ago and didn't see something like this. Who's going to give the treatments? :confused: The ship doctor?:rolleyes:

I was trying to make some spa appointments for our Oasis cruise and found that Elemis is offering Botox ($350) and Restylane & Perlane ($700) treatments on their Spa services. We were on the IOS a couple of months ago and didn't see something like this. Who's going to give the treatments? :confused: The ship doctor?:rolleyes:

There is no way in he$$ I would let the ship's spa inject me with anything:eek: And those prices are too high. I can get Restylane for half that here in Texas.

There is no way in he$$ I would let the ship's spa inject me with anything:eek: And those prices are too high. I can get Restylane for half that here in Texas.

I agree with you. I dont even think that people should get their teeth whitening procedures on board also, but this is an invasive procedure. Here, in Puerto Rico, only doctors can inject you with Restylane or Botox. And, if they decide to do it, they have to pay more on their malpractice insurance policies. I was really surprise when I saw this procdeures on the Spa Menu, and was wondering who's going to do it, who will like to get something like this done on a cruise and if this is only going to be offered on the Oasis.

They are spa treatments. You take your chances.

To me a massage or a facial are spa treatments. Restylene and Botox involve the injection of a "drug", and are invasive procedures that should be done by trained health care professionals. To have Restylane here, you also have to sign a lenthy "inform consent".

Have never had these procedures, but I do have a question. Don't some of these treatments leave your face a bit swollen and red for awhile? Why would someone want to look bee stung on a cruise? Why would they want to advertise that they had these treatments? Wouldn't it be better to do that BEFORE the cruise in order to have a more natural look?

Don't you remember what the cruise director always says? "It doesn't matter if you look foolish, you won't ever see all those people again after the cruise."

Maybe they do the treatment on the cruise so their neigbors at home won't see their swollen face :-)

You are saying a board certified dermatologist was on board just to perform botox injections? No wonder the price was high.

That is exactly what I was saying. My mom and I meet the doctor while getting a massage. She is from India and was getting in hours on the ship.

Archived