NY Man Robbed at Ritz!!

toonjie

Okay, I'll take that back. I'm not implying that this is what happened in this particular case. I was just giving out a general tip. Do not pick up people from the street and take her/him to your room. The thing is, when things like this happens, that was usually the case. This could very well be an exception, and if it was, I apologize.

But I must say that incidents like this are rare if not unheard of. Thankfully the victim was not hurt and the perps were rapidly caught.

As it turns out, Aviator was 100%. The man was here on business. At about 1am, he met 3 girls in front of the hotel and took them up to his room. A few hours later, the girl's let their accomplices into the room and the business man was robbed.

If you invite trouble into your room, that is what you get.

Well, according to the local police-blotter-type newspaper:

"El abogado Robert J. Anello, de 54 años de edad, aparentemente le dio acceso a la habitación a una de las jovencitas, quien facilitó que sus compinches entraran al cuarto".

Translation:

Attorney Robert J. Anello, 54, apparently gave one of the female youths access to his room, who then let her cronies in.

http://www.vocero.com/noticia-34332-asaltan_abogado.html

The story then goes on to relate how stupid the thieves were. They stopped at a Mexican place a few blocks from the hotel to have dinner and drinks at the victim's expense, where they were arrested.

The perps will be subjected to a line up today and hopefully will be kept off the streets for a long time.

They will be in jail for a long time. I know some people who live in Puerto Rico and they have said as much. They take the safety and well being of tourists very seriously. You ever notice all the armed guards around some of the resort areas?

Since Puerto Rico depends on tourism so much, the last thing the authorities or any of the people on the island want is bad publicity. They will want to send a message to everyone else who thinks robbing tourists is a great way to make a living.

Archived