Port Lucaya Resort and Yacht Club CLOSED? (Freeport-Capt Tony/Sand Dollar cruise)

cruisers7771

I just found this link:

http://www.portlucayaresort.com/

And it says that the Port Lucaya Resort and Yacht club is CLOSED! :eek::confused:

Has anyone been there recently who might know what's going on?

We have a sand dollar catamaran snorkel with Capt. Tony booked next week that docks there! I have an email in to him but wanted to check on here to see if anyone knew of anything while I wait for a response from him.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Steve. I know you didnt get to go on the snorkel with Capt Tony and have your own opinions about it. They emailed me back and this is what they said. Sounds good to me.

"Hi Molly,

We have been scrambling to update our website and maps to use another well know landmark and for now are suggesting our guests ask their drivers to drop them at the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle shop at Port Lucaya. If we cant have a representative at the cruise pier we will have one at the Harley-Davidson store to guide you to the boat. We are also now taking reservation deposits and you can participate if you would like. The website "Information" page will give you information to help you have a more enjoyable tour. Also, you can check the weather forecast, see an aerial view of the boat, print a Map and directions to take with you and find tons of other helpful info. Taking a look at the "Gallery" page gives you an idea of what to expect and also give you a familiar feel of the catamaran layout. We look forward to having you with us.

Have a great cruise and let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in any way,

Sand Dollar Crew

This link will take you to our homepage

www.SandDollarCruise.com"

Thanks Molly for posting that info.

I also just sent an email to Tony

Thank god for this forum- unless I would have never known.

I am also booked on snorkel tour on 11/20 coming off Carnival Dream

Phew.

If you get any further news - please post - as I will too.

Thank you

M

Hi Steve. I know you didnt get to go on the snorkel with Capt Tony and have your own opinions about it. They emailed me back and this is what they said. Sounds good to me.

I was in a bit of a snit for a couple of days, but I got over it, and have no ax to grind. I don't expect to return to Freeport, but if I ever do, I'd go snorkeling with Tony.

Archived