Conquest Questions

LisaTX

Looking for review of Conquest and itinerary - things to do, what was the ship like, is there such an animal as a "family suite".... ANY info - looking at booking with a group in June; we cruised Elation last summer and loved it!!!

LisaTX

We had an oversized stateroom on the spa deck with wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows, and it was AWESOME. It was a larger room, and that extra space made all the difference. In addition, it was literally directly under Camp Carnival - we left our stateroom and the stairs to Camp Carnival were right there. I highly recommend a spa deck stateroom on the Conquest.

There's a category 6E family suite (really just a big outside cabin) that basically takes the area that was the balcony, closes it in and puts floor to ceiling windows there. Much more room for 4.

As far as reviews and info, check out the reviews on this site at http://cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=262 , especially the member reviews. You can also go to http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/carnivalconquest.htm which has enough reviews, photos and info on the Conquest that it will keep you busy for days!

We're going on her in July!

We're going on the Conquest in March!!! Is there such a thing as a room for 2 adults and 3 children? We were able to get a balcony on the Triumph a couple years ago for the 5 of us, but carnival says no on the conquest.

We just sailed the conquest and stayed in room 1103 on the spa deck. It was our first room on a cruise ship without a balcony, and we loved it! It was safe for our daughter (almost 3) to run around in and we didn't have to worry about her going on the balcony without us! The ship is amazing and you all will have an awesome time.

I will attach my review that I posted here a few weeks ago about her!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=115154&highlight=conquest+review+12-12-04

Hopefully you can access it alright.

Brian

The Conquest does not show any "family" suites like some of the other lines. As a comparison to the others, a Cat 11 or 12 would come closest, having enough room for four with a bed plus fold out couch. There is enough room to store all the luggage and stuff, double vanity, big bathroom, etc. When we booked the Cat 12 for two, they were showing additional guests at $495 pp.

You will love the Conquest. There is tons of information on these boards.

From everything I know of the ship they do not have cabins for 5. They do have connecting staterooms. The Riviera and Main decks offers several Oceanviews (not balconies) that accommodate 2, 3 or 4 people per cabin - the deck plans show several different layouts such as 2 persons next to 4 persons, 3/3, 2/2, 2/3. so you could accommodate as little as 4 people between 2 cabins or as many as 8 between the 2 cabins. The Upper deck has a few but they all look like 2 and 2 and they are inside. The dividers on the balcony cabins do open if you have older people that can be in seperate cabins. Several people have split up their group of 5 into 2 neighboring cabins. Of course then you are paying 1st and 2nd rate for 4 people and 3rd/4th rate on 1 person. It does make it more expensive.

Check out my homepage for more on the Conquest.

The Conquest does not show any "family" suites like some of the other lines. As a comparison to the others, a Cat 11 or 12 would come closest, having enough room for four with a bed plus fold out couch. There is enough room to store all the luggage and stuff, double vanity, big bathroom, etc. When we booked the Cat 12 for two, they were showing additional guests at $495 pp.

The only problem as I understand it is Carnival will not let you book 5 people into these cabins - they don't have roll aways - so you are stuck with 2 cabins.

We have a family of five but only four has gone on the cruises. When we thought our fifth one was going, he was going to be in an inside cabin with his sisters. (They all sleep in their clothes anyhow.) Well, he didn't go and our girls now love the inside room since it is dark and they can sleep forever. We try to book a room very close to them. They will be 21 and l7 at the sailing but I still feel better having them close. It was hard to find a balcony and a inside room close together on the Legend but we find one.

Mr. Jimmy, it looks like you got great prices on Cat 12. when are you sailing?

Thanks everyone for your help with the 5 people thing. We booked an outside and inside. It does get your wallet when you can't do 5 to one cabin though. Oh well it's a cruise right? I'm going to love it!

New Orleans is great place to see before going to sea. DORT directed us to a great B & B in the Marigny! Watch out for the tourist traps - especially the so-called tourist info centers on every street of the quarter. For B & B's and other helpful stuff check out www.tourbookingsnewolreans.com. (free service concierge):)

The link was a little off s/b

www.tourbookingsneworleans.com

Just back from Conquest Jan 2nd to 9th,,,5 people in our family and we had connecting staterooms which worked out wonderfully, we were on the main deck with Ocean View,,,as far as excursions go we booked all ours online before the cruise, not through Carnival, and did everything we wanted at less price than Carnival,,,Cayamn and Cozumel are GREAT, dont know why the ship goes to Jamaica though, my guess is money somehow, but because of Barrett Adventures in Jamaica we had a good time and very informative

The link was a little off s/b

www.tourbookingsneworleans.com

we flew in on the day of our cruise, dropped our bags at the dock and walked over to Bourbon Street for a few hours before boarding,,not a great place for kids though LOL but6 being it was daytime we did get to see a little of New Orleans and my wife and I will come back, had lunch there, a hurricane and leaisurely went back to the docks arriving about 4 pm and since the rush hour of people boarding had passed we were on the ship in 15 minutes !! No lines !!!If your flying in the day of the cruise I would highly reccomend this,,,of course if you can come in a day or two later or earlier and enjoy more of New Orleans that be great too,,,we got stuck at the airport from a flight delay for 5 hours and were talking to lots of people there who were in NO for a few days, one said you can take the trolley everywhere for 5 bucks a day which is another option

We traveled w/our 18 month old son. Had a standard balcony room on the Verandah deck. Even w/the crib it was plenty of room for the 3 of us.

We got there early, but were on the ship in <30 minutes. We must have gotten there before all the lines.

We arranged all our excursions before the cruise. As mentioned earlier, it is much cheaper (and more fun) than doing it through Carnival. There is a family all-inclusive on Jamaica that is $20 per person for the day. It's called Sunset Beach......good facilities, decent food and drinks, and a good beach w/shade.

Our son is too young for Camp Carnival, but they do have "Under Two Time" on the @sea days from 12pm-2pm and we went to the play room and played w/him there during that time.

It was a great trip and we thoroughly enjoyed it!

• 1 month later...

Conquest Mike - what did you do in Montego Bay. You said you used Barrett Adventures???

Thanks for the great info - didn't know you could actually get connecting staterooms, we have to put our two teenage boys across the hall from us!!!

Sailed on Elation last year and heard the Conquest is much bigger and nicer - this is only our second cruise!!!

We're going to NO the day before!

LisaTX

Archived