Belize tender???

Pjnc

Hi all

I was just looking at my documents for our Jan 24 cruise on the Legend and it has Grand Cayman asterisked but not Bellize indicating tender port.

Is the new pier in Belize done? or will it be done by the week of Jan 24?

Anyone?

thanks

pat

Myrtle Beach, SC

They're putting a pier in Belize?! I was just there last week and we were told that ships have to anchor four miles from the pier (we were alongside the Veendam and the Carnie Valor) because Belize has the world's 2nd largest reef system and ships would damage the reef. The tender was a good 15-minute ride. There was no mention of a pier nor did I notice one being built.

Unofficially, just my opinion. There will not be a pier in Belize in the next five years if ever. to many oppositions and politics over it. The people of Belize believe they can make more $$ the way it is operated now. Plus the impact on the environment is an issue as a canal would have to be dredged out to accommodate cruise ships.

Unofficially, just my opinion. There will not be a pier in Belize in the next five years if ever. to many oppositions and politics over it. The people of Belize believe they can make more $$ the way it is operated now. Plus the impact on the environment is an issue as a canal would have to be dredged out to accommodate cruise ships.

I think the people of Belize are smart. I'm sure they will be taking careful note of the way things are going with Carnival's new pier in Roatan!

Archived