Car rental agencies in San Pedro?

Kissara22

We used Enterprise they are at the Crowne Plaza. They have a shuttle and offer transportation to and from the pier.

rsohn65820 Thanks for posting about rental cars. My clock counter says 1 day 4 hrs. before we sail away on the NCL Star!

We fly early tomorrow morning to Long Beach airport and have decided to pick up a rental car there and go for a drive. Now we know we can turn it in right nearby

near the CP in San Pedro. We get to LB early enough that we have all day to drive down south along the coast to Newport Beach & Laguna Beach and see some sights before we have to check into our hotel. This cc board has been so helpful. Found it just in time to use it for our last two cruises.

Ruth & Bill

• 5 weeks later...
Enterprise and Crowne Plaza each have their own shuttles to/from the pier.

Glad to hear that Enterprise has its own shuttle. I was a little worried that when I returned my car, I wouldn't be able to catch a shuttle due to hotel guests who reserved the hotel shuttle. This is good news. Does anyone have any experience returning to Enterprise and getting shuttled to San Pedro pier? How efficient is the process?

I have experience returning a rental car at Enterprise in San Pedro but we were staying at the Crowne Plaza so we used their shuttle to the pier. We returned our car on Saturday morning when they opened at 9:00 am. They are located right there by the Crowne Plaza and they share the same parking lot. We walked out the door of the Crowne Plaza and around the corner to the Enterprise office. When we got there, there was about three people standing outside the door it was a little after nine so I went to go inside and was told that I needed to get in line because they only allow one person inside the office at a time. Soon someone came out I told them I was doing a return and they walked over to the car with me. As she was finished looking the car over the Enterprise shuttle pulled up and a couple of the people who were standing in line loaded suitcases on the shuttle so it looked like it was no problem at all using the Enterprise shuttle to get over to the pier. Since we were returning a car we could have used the Enterprise shuttle but we decided just to go ahead and use the hotel shuttle.

I have experience returning a rental car at Enterprise in San Pedro but we were staying at the Crowne Plaza so we used their shuttle to the pier. We returned our car on Saturday morning when they opened at 9:00 am. They are located right there by the Crowne Plaza and they share the same parking lot. We walked out the door of the Crowne Plaza and around the corner to the Enterprise office. When we got there, there was about three people standing outside the door it was a little after nine so I went to go inside and was told that I needed to get in line because they only allow one person inside the office at a time. Soon someone came out I told them I was doing a return and they walked over to the car with me. As she was finished looking the car over the Enterprise shuttle pulled up and a couple of the people who were standing in line loaded suitcases on the shuttle so it looked like it was no problem at all using the Enterprise shuttle to get over to the pier. Since we were returning a car we could have used the Enterprise shuttle but we decided just to go ahead and use the hotel shuttle.

Hi, could you tell me if you rented from Enterprise at the airport and returned at the Crowne Plaza? That is what I am interested in doing but I am unsure how to arrange it.

Thanks,

Patti

Patti -

you need to call enterprise. for some reason, they don't allow booking one way rentals on their website. get the best price on the web, and make sure they use that price. they will add about $40 for the drop off fee, however.

Hi, could you tell me if you rented from Enterprise at the airport and returned at the Crowne Plaza? That is what I am interested in doing but I am unsure how to arrange it.

Thanks,

Patti

I did a one way rental through Enterprise. I did as Mark O said. I went online to their website looked to see what the rental would cost at the airport we were renting at which was Orange County then when I called them I asked what the drop off fee would be for a one way rental and was told $25 I think it varies by airport because others have mention the $40 drop off fee. I asked what the total charge would be and the price they gave me was the price I saw on the website plus the $25 drop off fee. For us the cost to rent a compact car for three days plus the drop fee was only $86.

I did a one way rental through Enterprise. I did as Mark O said. I went online to their website looked to see what the rental would cost at the airport we were renting at which was Orange County then when I called them I asked what the drop off fee would be for a one way rental and was told $25 I think it varies by airport because others have mention the $40 drop off fee. I asked what the total charge would be and the price they gave me was the price I saw on the website plus the $25 drop off fee. For us the cost to rent a compact car for three days plus the drop fee was only $86.

What airport did you pick up your enterprise rental car from and how long ago was this? I have also read on these boards that they charge a $40 drop fee.

What airport did you pick up your enterprise rental car from and how long ago was this? I have also read on these boards that they charge a $40 drop fee.

It was John Wayne airport in Orange County, which is about 15 miles further away from San Pedro than LAX is but we were able to get cheaper airfare into Orange County than we could have gotten into LAX. We picked up our rental 10/28/09.

Just my two cents here. Booked Enterprise locally in person for our Norwegian

Star Cruise. Got done to LB Airport, picked up the car and drove to the nearest Medical Center for the day arriving at 10:30AM and didn't get out until 3:30PM (Long Story why we had to go to Med. Center) Had planned on driving South to Corona del Mar, CA in Newport Beach, where I use to live. Our Son, who was with us, noticed BAD front tires and I mean BAD. The steel bands were showing! We had to go back to the LB Airport and get a different car. We were in an Impala but to make things better, they upgraded us to an SUV(There were 4 of us). OK, we were able to drive down the coast to Balboa Peninsula but really only had the car for actual driving for a couple of hours before we checked into our hotel in San Pedro where it sat until 9AM when we could return it. So we were charged the Daily Rental PLUS a $40.00

drop off fee which is outrageous! I had read on CC about Enterprise charging $25.00! AND pick up point was LB Airport (not even Los Angeles LAX) and drop off San Pedro Office, which is almost one town, barely 10 minutes apart, if that!

It's not their fault, I had to spend half a day in Medical Center but the $40.00charge was insane, it's not like we picked it up in one place and dropped it off far from the origination point. MOST IMPORTANT was the UNSAFE CONDITION of the first vehicle!!!! A lot of additional lost time returning it to the airport for another one, just very frustrating!!

Enterprise shuttle was right there when we turned in the car so they took us to the pier. We told the Enterprise people (when we turned it in) about the unsafe car and continued on to a WONDERFUL cruise.

Called Enterprise locally and they MADE IT RIGHT by removing the drop off fee in it's entirety and we ended up being charged around $50 some dollars

for the rental. I just have to make sure and check my credit card when I get billed to make sure they gave me the refund.

LUCKY, with the steel belts showing, that we got to the Med. Center without a blow out! Enterprise is the ONLY CAR Rental in San Pedro...they have the market. Check your car over well BEFORE you drive away!:rolleyes:

Archived