Econo Lodge Ave.U. Hotel in Galveston need local help

m-of-connor

We just booked the hotel for the night before our cruise. Can anyone let me know how this hotel will be. We will be staying at the Econo Lodge Ave.U. My husband has points with Choice hotels that we used. We went with the least amount points to spend.

We are driving from Galveston to El Paso (that is where the kids will be) after the cruise and we did not want to do that drive in one day so we are stoping in Sonora and staying at another Choice Brand hotel using my husband points.

You can't bet free:D, but I read some of the reviews of the hotel and I am a little worried (not so much as to use more points to stay at a better hotel:rolleyes:). For those of you that live in that area can you ease my mind just a little. If it is really bad we can use another 2000 points to stay somewhere else but I like to use as little as possible to save for when the kids are with us. Also, can anyone tell us if this hotel had damage from Ike.

We will not leave the car at the hotel for the cruise so I am not worried about that.

We have not been to Galveston since Ike hit. We were on the Ecstasy 8/9/08 a month before Ike with our kids and really enjoyed our stay in Galveston before the cruise and are looking forward to vist again.

1. you are one block from beach

2. you are across street from one of oldest bestest legendary seafood restaurants in galveston.

3. it is an econo by name and you can' ex[pect more

4. as far as parking, if you are worried, just take car to more secure cruise parking lots during cruise. do not know about security at hotel

5. econo is not in a bad area

6. what other hotel would you consider as alternative

7. when will you be here

Galveston is back after IKE

come and enjoy

Archived