Website listing GROUP cruises ... ?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I seem to recall a link which was provided on the boards a year or so ago. It was a website (I think there were two) which listed by date what groups were on what ships (across all lines).

Most listed were business groups, though there were plenty of large family reunions listed as well as special interest groups. I am not talking about whole ship charters (but I suppose they were on there as well).

That's potentially handy stuff to know beforehand!! Most of them would be non-issues, though I can see where some people may not want to be on a ship with 500 ___FILL IN THE BLANK___ ! Or in some cases, it could make the trip more memorable or amusing!!

A couple we knew a few years ago told us of a cruise they went on where there was a large contingent of "Little People" - we are talking a couple of hundred+. As it turned out the female of that couple had A LOT of issues, many phobias and such. One of those issues was a fear of Little People. :eek: They ended up staying in their room most of the time. To hear her tell the tale was (trying to be PC here) somewhat comical, but you had to know her!

I have read a couple of threads where some were surprised (or shocked) that a few hundred "lifestyle" individuals were on their sailing. I don't think that there was an issue of particularly overt actions - perhaps more a fear of the unknown. Could you imagine if they had two large groups which CLASHED. Let's say a few hundred lifestylers on the same ship with a few hundred from a conservative/religious group. I trust (hope!) that the cruise lines take things like that into account!!

Tom

Tom...it was a site that had to do with booking group excursions on islands.....

Can't remember the name though. We on Saints and Sinners were listed there one time after booking a group excursion with them. They had everything from large groups to big family things and much more.....Now what was the name of that company ????

Tom, is this the one you were thinking of ...????

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/groups2.asp?grpsrch=GRPNAM

Here is another one:

http://www.yourgroupsahoy.com/

Thanks - those look familiar. Some interesting groups - I would have never thought there would be a Dr. Who cruise group!

Tom

Archived