Help! QV Jul 21

parpar22

I am currently booked for the 10 day Qv on jul 21,2010 i have a Q6 booked for me and my wife and the D4 across the hall for the two children(16 and 18) Now i have a problem with dining, What do i do? I will gladly eat in the Brittania is this allowed? i cant see spending another 16 thousand to have 2 queens grill rooms. And i dont want to go down to a balcony room, i like the larger cabins. Is there ANYTHING i can do??

Thanks for your sarcastic response, but this is the last thing i want to do on a FAMILY cruise before my son goes to college. I dont want to cast them away on a trip for being together. Might as well have booked them a room on deck 1 not 7. Anyone have any advice for me>?

Thanks for your sarcastic response, but this is the last thing i want to do on a FAMILY cruise before my son goes to college. I dont want to cast them away on a trip for being together. Might as well have booked them a room on deck 1 not 7. Anyone have any advice for me>?

You have three options. The first you have already discarded.

The second is for you to eat in Britannia.

The third is to eat in Todd English.

Of course you can mix and match too.

I rather liked the sound of option one. Might be good for the kids to have some freedom - you can always have lunch together.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some time alone with your wife?

Anyhow, you have your options now.

You have three options. The first you have already discarded.

The second is for you to eat in Britannia.

The third is to eat in Todd English.

Of course you can mix and match too.

I rather liked the sound of option one. Might be good for the kids to have some freedom - you can always have lunch together.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some time alone with your wife?

Anyhow, you have your options now.

A good answer L2K. And don't forget breakfast which could also be a good family meal. The mixing and matching with TE, Britannia, and presumably the specialty dining in Kings Court, sounds like a viable option as well. I think the OP has plenty of possible solutions it will just be a case of what fits best at the time.

J

I would recommend a mixture of eating in Todd English, eating with them in Britannia, and asking the Maitre'D and your table mates if they can join you one night in the QG restaurant, and then possibly having one night to yourselves in QG with them being in Britannia. This arrangement would be easier on the QM2 as the evening meals in Kings Court can be wonderful so you would have that option too.

Another idea would be to see if you could book a third and fourth person in your QG cabin. Most will allow a 3rd person, I'm not sure about the 4th. Keep the inside cabin too, then the children can sleep in their cabin, and eat in the QG dining room with you. It would work out cheaper than having another QG cabin, but the 4th person might be a problem. Maybe if QG isn't full they would let you do this.

I still think that my first suggestion might work out for you. On our QV trip two of our table mates had been upgraded, but their friend had not, and that was how they dealt with the situation. We really enjoyed the night their friend ate with us.

I hope this is helpful in sorting out your dilemma. The QV is a beautiful ship, and we really had a wonderful time on her.

Lesley

I would recommend a mixture of eating in Todd English, eating with them in Britannia, and asking the Maitre'D and your table mates if they can join you one night in the QG restaurant, and then possibly having one night to yourselves in QG with them being in Britannia. This arrangement would be easier on the QM2 as the evening meals in Kings Court can be wonderful so you would have that option too.

Another idea would be to see if you could book a third and fourth person in your QG cabin. Most will allow a 3rd person, I'm not sure about the 4th. Keep the inside cabin too, then the children can sleep in their cabin, and eat in the QG dining room with you. It would work out cheaper than having another QG cabin, but the 4th person might be a problem. Maybe if QG isn't full they would let you do this.

One night in the Grill may be possible. But don't expect to do this every night. There is no guarantee (as Lesley said) that even one night would be possible.

The options I have would always be available however.

But i would be allowed to eat in the brittania. My TA told me that was not allowed. I remembered from before that it was. Has anyone done this. being able to go there a few of the 10 nights would be great.

Yes. There is no difficulty going down from Grill to Steerage. It's the other way round that is a problem.

And, as we said, you always have Todd English as another option.

Archived