Pearl Category G Obstruction?

Emerald31

Coming to CC for help. Going on our annual girls' week away cruise vacation. Have cruised Carnival, Princess and RCL previously. This will be our first time with NCL and we are going to book the Pearl for 2010. Usually book the lowest catagory balcony, however my cruise companion is prone to seasickness and I noticed that all the BD cabins are either forward or aft. So we decided to book a obstructed view cabin since they are middeck and we are rarely in the cabin anyway. Looking at the deck plans cabin 8552 doesn't look as obstructed as the other cabins in the same category. Calling NCL the cabin is available for the fall sailing we are interested in, but they tell us it is 90% obstructed. Has anyone stayed in this cabin, how obstructed is it?

Where are you cruising to?? If you are going to Alaska, dont get a obstructed view, you want to enjoy the views. The deck plan may look like it has a view, around the lifeboats, but dont count on one. Call NCL and see if they have cabins available mid ship, they dont post every room that is available on the web site. It seems like they sell the fore and aft cabins first, then offer the mid ship cabins.

Also, if you are in rough seas, that ship is so big, we never felt a whole lot of movement.

Just my observations, Good luck.

Cabin 8552 will be obstructed at least as much as most of the others.

Here is a picture of the Pearl....you can see that there is a lifeboat all the way forward although the NCL deckplan on the website shows an opening there.

http://www.surecruise.com/blog/uploaded_images/DSC_0958-703658.JPG

I would go for a balcony ... don't worry about the motion....8552 will be no better than the typical side balcony.

We are actually looking at October 2010 which is the caribbean, and we have done foward on Carnival and it was a miserable time for my friend when we ran into some motion, she does much better midship. We just need the window for light and don't plan to spend as much time in the room since there are 4 ports of call.

We spent 21 days in an obstructed view (G) stateroom on the Jade early this year. VERY happy with our stateroom choice. Lots of light and able to see more than we thought we would. Do be aware that there WILL be workers out there on the catwalks more than you might think and that the lights are on out there all night. The cabin curtains work well though. For the money we saved we were delighted with our cabin choice as deck 8 is SO convenient!

Thank You for your responses. I went ahead and booked this cabin, it is midship and seems to be central to everything. Now if the prices of category BB or higher goes down then I will probably upgrade to a balcony, but for now this cabin will do quite nicely.

we just got back from pearl and was in 8586 the view was not great but if in right cabin you line up between life boats. But like other post beware of workers worling on equip. and in samana the life boats are lowered down early in morn.have fun:)

Archived