--Onboard Illness--

Doubtful since they usually go back in the closet after the drill never to be seen for the remainder of the cruise. I wonder if the little beasties that cause illness like Norwalk can live over a week in the whistle...

I have been told by a doctor that once a plastic object has germs on it that no matter what you clean it with it will also have germs on it. That you can not sterilize it. I too think it is very bad judgement to place the whistle in your mouth. And for the crew to tell you to blow it, what are they thinking?

For x-mas, we got the sunday paper and the cruise we're going on..........my DW is reading this Sunday's paper, RCI Enchanment of the Seas with 110 curisers and 8+ crew member sick with some virus that was brought on by someone.

My Wife says, that's not the ship we'll be on...................oh yes it would dear!!!

It seems you hear this from time to time about cruises, from the air, from sick people on the cruises and from food.

I'll steer clear of blowing the whistle, bring my own snorkling gear, etc.

Think of the laws the USA has about everything under the sun, not to sure an island nation has a rule about how much a snorkle mask/mouth piece needs to be cleaned.:confused:

Archived