New pics

josee

GREAT pictures, thanks for sharing them with us. Glad to see the Volendam is still a great ship. We're hoping the Volendam will be doing 10 days for Feb. school vacation 2006, that's when we're doing our family cruise and the kids couldn't be more excited.

Following is a link to my Volendam cruise pictures. Our first family cruise and vacation that involved warm sandy beaches and a beautiful ship. Hopefully not our last.

What link? I don't see any link. :confused:

Josee - what wonderful pictures and memories you will have from your Christmas cruise.

You have 2 beautiful daughters - Gaby is so cute.

There is a photo of MC lying on a lounge with a red cushion (#99 I believe). Where was this beach that you went to and was it on an excursion or did you just take a cab there? We are doing a similar itinerary in October and are looking for some nice beaches with lounges where we can spend th day.

Merci.

I have the signatures turned off and that is why I could not see the link.

Thank you Esme, Donne and Jhanna,

Esme, that picture was taken at Orient beach, St-Martin, our first port. My DD and I took the excursion offered by HAL. It was a great place. We had a section of the beach cordoned off for our use with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Rhum punch was provided and a lunch at a small restaurant on the beach. Our main interest on this cruise was to relax and enjoy ourselves as much as possible. As none of us had ever seen beaches before it was a fantastic experience. My DH however could not tolerate the sea air or water but found other ways to relax.

My favorite pic is the one of Gaby in the water at HMC with the Volendam in the back. It shows purple sky and beautiful turquoise water. HMC is the nicest beach of all - I miss it so much already and plan on returning there. I guess am now hooked!!

I would also recommend the catamaran excursion. We tried it on our second port and LOVED it. Unfortunately once we tried to book it at other ports, it was full...

Thanks Josee. Actually we have done that excursion to Orient Beach a couple of times and enjoyed it. Lunch was very good. However both times we were there the red flags were out (undertow) and we couldn't go in swimming. Funny I don't remember the red cushions on the lounges - maybe they changed the colour. Will have to look at some old photos.

Merci.

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures!:)

It looks like you had a lovely family holiday. The weather looked lovely and the beaches lovelier still!! I showed the picture to the boys to let them know I expected them to "dress up" a couple of evenings on the ship, your girls looked so lovely.:cool:

Thank you,

We certainly had a wonderful and I can't understand why I did not cruise before... Now I can't wait until I return but it may not be for a few more years. All I have now are memories and these pics... It feels like a withdrawal reaction!!

Archived