Early Oasis Concept Models Released??

Thameth

So I was just scouring flickr for the latest photo's of Oasis's Arrival today and I stumbled across this person's gallery that they just uploaded yesterday with tons of awesome models of Oasis that were taken back in 2007 & 2008. I'm not sure if these have been posted before, if not its Pretty cool stuff! May actually be photo's taken by the actual model builder him/herself....

4098826834_a112dc363a_b.jpg

Dazzle's:

4098826966_17f1d3b55a_b.jpg

Diamond Club:

4098069645_17011f37a7.jpg

Central Park:

4098826360_966c7673ce_b.jpg

Royal Promenade:

4098824962_8c2a1c8db1_b.jpg

Bolero's:

4098069623_caeaf668e2_b.jpg

Much Much more with great titles for everything over in the full Gallery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22805329@N02/sets/72157622790992490/

The Great Blue Way concept seems like a natural evolution of the bridge on the Freedom Class. I guess RCCL wanted something better:

4098069557_8cd333ec97_b.jpg

I actually like the old stern concept better than what it has became. It has a cool art look to it. The aquatheater appears to have more seats and even two whirlpools to give it more use during the day. It's much more minimalistic which gives it better views of the ocean and they even got rid of one of the rock walls in favor of observation decks and something that has yellow nets (maybe someone else can figure that out). The top deck even has a nice design with more seating including an area to watch both from (they appear to be much closer together than they now are). They also originally had Trampolines onboard in the area that now has miniature golf. I can't figure out why they got rid or it as that has always seemed like something that Oasis should have.

4098825098_3acc9ab5a5_o.jpg

4098825064_71eeaa0c20_o.jpg

This later model added a minimalistic steal structure (looks better for views than the final version) and still has something odd where the yellow net is in the other pictures.

4098069095_747240db87.jpg

Some of my Observations after looking at these for a second time:

-The Blaze Nightclub was originally going to be called The Inferno or Dantes.

-The footprint that bridge called the Great Blue was on is the footprint for Mondo Coffee Bar.

-The cage/net thing you are talking about DEIx15x8 may be something similar to that is going on the Norwegian Epic, the Spider Web. NCL describes is as a 24ft climbing cage.

http://www.epic.ncl.com/resources/images/1024x768-sportsdeck.jpg

(See left side of the picture for a reference)

Some of my Observations after looking at these for a second time:

-The Blaze Nightclub was originally going to be called The Inferno or Dantes.

-The footprint that bridge called the Great Blue was on is the footprint for Mondo Coffee Bar.

-The cage/net thing you are talking about DEIx15x8 may be something similar to that is going on the Norwegian Epic, the Spider Web. NCL describes is as a 24ft climbing cage.

http://www.epic.ncl.com/resources/images/1024x768-sportsdeck.jpg

(See left side of the picture for a reference)

I think your right. Wow, that's saying something when you can make the decision to leave something off because it's not good enough and then other lines come up with the same idea and use it as a big feature.

Archived