Port of Miami Parking

TEXASMUNK

OK, looking for a "deal" for off pier parking...Not one of the hotel deals where you stay and park ..we are using free "points" for our hotel stay the weekend for our cruise.

Anyone know any discounted off pier lots that provide transfers?

We are looking at United Parking off airport for our Bahamas cruise. We are renting a car for 5 days and will be parked for 4 of those days (cheaper than 2 one way rentals). The parking is only $32 the length of our stay. I have never used this method before but it sure beats $20/day at POM. The shuttle runs every 5-10 minutes and is very close to the Port.

Here's the link.

http://www.unitedairportparking.com/

• 2 months later...

We also think the Port of Miami parking charge is insane. We considered all the options (flying, train, driving day prior, alternate parking, transfers) and finally decided to use Cruise Connection transfers from Orlando. At $180 (total for two) round-trip they are not cheap! But gas, tolls and POM parking would have run $215...plus wear and tear on us and the car. So we booked Cruise Connection.

We also think the Port of Miami parking charge is insane. We considered all the options (flying, train, driving day prior, alternate parking, transfers) and finally decided to use Cruise Connection transfers from Orlando. At $180 (total for two) round-trip they are not cheap! But gas, tolls and POM parking would have run $215...plus wear and tear on us and the car. So we booked Cruise Connection.

So, you're giving up the comfort, freedom and flexibility of having your own vehicle for $35? If that's okay with you, then more power to you. But I personally tend to think you get what you pay for. Yes, the parking charges are a bit steep, but the convenience is well worth it to me. Particularly when the alternative is something like that mentioned above.

We parked at Port of Miami in August of 09. I wanted to point out that if you are handicap and have a placard for your car ( you have to have the registration to show that it is registered to you ), the parking is free for placard holders. That was a great savings for us.

Barb

So, you're giving up the comfort, freedom and flexibility of having your own vehicle for $35? If that's okay with you, then more power to you. But I personally tend to think you get what you pay for. Yes, the parking charges are a bit steep, but the convenience is well worth it to me. Particularly when the alternative is something like that mentioned above.

You think it is more convenient to DRIVE four hours each way (and put 500 miles of wear and tear on your car) rather than sit, relax and read for the trip? Go for it. But I'd prefer the transfer. Now if I could just beam myself to Miami, that would be my choice. But of the options available, this seemed the best for us. (BTW we hate road trips).

I am with you, we hate road trips too! We are getting older and can't stay awake too long driving long distances! We do it,but its hard! We love being able to be shuttled over to the port. We did it our first cruise and it worked out beautifully. Gosh, let someone else do the work! Sit relax, and enjoy yourself girl! Plus, as busy as these cities are - the traffic is horrible, I would much rather have some one else do the driving!

I am with you, we hate road trips too! We are getting older and can't stay awake too long driving long distances! We do it,but its hard! We love being able to be shuttled over to the port. We did it our first cruise and it worked out beautifully. Gosh, let someone else do the work! Sit relax, and enjoy yourself girl! Plus, as busy as these cities are - the traffic is horrible, I would much rather have some one else do the driving!

We feel exactly the same way! We were better about it when we were younger. During military years (and gas less than 50 cents a gallon), we'd think nothing of driving from Virginia to Maine over a long weekend. Now we get a hotel for the night if we drive an hour to Cocoa Beach.

There are drawbacks to Cruise Connection, but it seems to be the best option for us.

You think it is more convenient to DRIVE four hours each way (and put 500 miles of wear and tear on your car) rather than sit, relax and read for the trip? Go for it. But I'd prefer the transfer. Now if I could just beam myself to Miami, that would be my choice. But of the options available, this seemed the best for us. (BTW we hate road trips).

Oh, okay, that's fine. When I saw your first post, I interpreted as the key factor being the savings of a mere $35. If you would prefer to ride than drive, then that makes sense.

Archived