Essentials near baltimore port 4/1010 saling

Kaboochi

We are planning to sail 4/18 out of Baltimore, flying in that day. We would like to pick up some water, a few soft drinks and the 2 allowed bottles of wine. Does anyone know if there is a store within walking distance to the port to do this. This is our first time sailing from this port so any help would be greatly appreciated. Tthank you

If you are flying into BWI, your most convenient choice would be to hit some of the airport stores before you leave. They are most likely more pricy than anything outside the airport. As it was stated above, the port is in an industrial area just off I-95, literally just down an off ramp.

Even coming from the airport there's not a lot right off of I-95. It will cost you in terms of taxi fare to get to any store like that between the airport and the port. That stretch of I-95 isn't very residential so there's not much right off the interstate. It's a very commercial/industrial area. I used to live in Columbia, MD which is south of Baltimore by about 20 miles. There has never been much up there along that stretch outside of industrial. We never bother with carrying any drinks. It's just added weight and just not worth the hassle.

There actually is a Wal-Mart just a mile or so from the ship, but I wouldn't consider it a "walkable" mile and as previously posted not a good area for walking around. You don't say how you are getting from the airport to the ship, but some shuttle and car services will allow you one stop for provisions. You would not be able to purchase wine at a grocery store in this state, though. Our beer wine and liquour stores are separate.

Archived