Which beach is better, Sapphire or Secret Harbour?

katykrol

We are going on RCCL - Freedom of the Seas in June, taking my 17 year old son and friend - they would like to snorkle - while the husband and myself just want to relax on a beautiful beach. We are undecided between Sapphire Beach or Secret Harbour? We want chair rentals and someplace that isn't so crowded. We have been previously to Coki Beach and Magens Bay 2 times, so we want to try something different.

Both Sapphire and Secret Harbor have chair rentals from the watersports/dive shop on the beach; and both have snorkeling. Sapphire has kayaks, windsurfers... also jet skis and parasailing (at the marina a short walk from the beach) if your son & friend are interested in those things. At Secret Harbor they have kayaks and I think a couple paddle boats at the dive shop.

Secret Harbor is part of a protected marine area.

Perhaps the suggestion of bringing cereal and bagels was so you'd have a snack for yourself. But just in case it was a suggestion for feeding the fish please note that cereal and bagels are not part of marine animals natural diet. Feeding this type of food to fish can cause them harm as well as causing negative changes to the natural balance of the coral reef. For more information: http://www.reefrelief.org/science_body4.html.

--Islander

Thank y'all for responding - that really helps. We were at Coki last year and saw several people offering us dog food to feed the fish, but I would not let my son do it since I had read about the dangers of feeding the fish.

Thank you for pointing out about feeding fish...it drives me crasy that they offer dog food, cereral etc. etc. to feed the fish. If you must feed the fish, it is quite easy to get fish food, but people need to realize when they are feeding fish they are also attracting those that eat them and hurt you..and they don't call "snapper" that for fun, and if your feeding fish, yellow tails WILL be around!! They can really hurt you if you don't know what your doing!

Also PLEASE don't touch or stand on the reefs, you will be killing the very thing you came to see. If you have to stand up swim to a sandy area! It takes years to repair the reef where you stand on it or touch it..think about how many people you've seen do this and how many years of growth are killed in a second!!!

Archived