Sneak Booze ?

gigman

LOL how embarrassing!!! I could imagine the tsk tsk lecture to go along with it!!!

Actually, it's not so bad. There is no lecture. They are quite nice about it. I pulled out my little bottle and told them I didn't want it back. I bought it the night before - strawberry rum - just to try it. It was a very small bottle with less than half of it left. They actually handed it back to me and told me I could keep it - it wasn't enough to be a problem as they put it. :D

They kept my husbands hair shears though.

Gina

Actually, it's not so bad. There is no lecture. They are quite nice about it. I pulled out my little bottle and told them I didn't want it back. I bought it the night before - strawberry rum - just to try it. It was a very small bottle with less than half of it left. They actually handed it back to me and told me I could keep it - it wasn't enough to be a problem as they put it. :D

They kept my husbands hair shears though.

Gina

you got to keep your booty somewhere they don't scan:D.It works ,for now;)

:cj

They are the first thing that comes up if you run a google search with that name.

Gina

Wait, you're telling me there's a website where you can type in anything that interests you and you can find exiting information about it that's already on the internet? That's great!

Cruise Critic should get something like that, but it should only look through the existing threads and not the whole internet. You could even put a special, dedicated button on the top of the boards....now....what to call it....maybe Scan? Seek? Scavenge?

/sarcasm stabilizers engaged

Looking to sneak on some booze on the majesty headed to the bahamas from Miami.

I know out of san juan on carnival we just put things in our carry on and they didn't care at all.

Would putting a waterbottle full in your carryon be a better option?

Gonna look in to those rum runners but has anyone ever tried anything else?

I think i have heard people say like shampoo bottles and what not.

Thanks

SPRING BREAK CRUISE!!!

Wait, you're telling me there's a website where you can type in anything that interests you and you can find exiting information about it that's already on the internet? That's great!

Cruise Critic should get something like that, but it should only look through the existing threads and not the whole internet. You could even put a special, dedicated button on the top of the boards....now....what to call it....maybe Scan? Seek? Scavenge?

Okay you can quit telling newcomers to use the Search button. If this thread is so annoying, stop reading it! :confused: The search button on this website COMPLETELY sucks anyway...

I know out of san juan on carnival we just put things in our carry on and they didn't care at all.

Thanks

SPRING BREAK CRUISE!!!

Water bottles are the oldest trick in the book, they are VERY, VERY strict for spring break time and very intolerant.

Thanks

SPRING BREAK CRUISE!!!

Oh they're gonna be SUPER STRICT during spring break. This ain't their first rodeo. :) On a recent (very non-spring break) cruise, we were reboarding in one of the ports and there are x-rays at every port. The woman ahead of me put through a bag with three one-liter bottles of water and the x-ray guy pulled them all out and made sure they weren't already open.

And in a SHAMPOO BOTTLE?! How in the WORLD can you ever get 100% of the shampoo smell out of the bottle?? That could be some soapy vodka!

smuggle if you wish, just be aware that it might not get thru. Original bottle *should* be returned to you, but I think once it's in a different carrier, it will likely be dumped.

I would not take super premium anything for that reason. Or would take a bit of it in a plastic flask and Hope.

If smuggling is that important to you, get the RRs to increase your chances of in-room bar service. :)

I wear a back pack as a carry-on and and have a couple water bottles filled with vodka and rum in the outside mesh bottle holders. Never had a problem. This next cruise is the first with RC though. Think I'm going try tequila in a ginger ale bottle bottle this time. The security people checking you in seem to be more concerned with weapons and bombs.

Carnival allows you to bring a bottle of wine or bubbly on board per passenger, does RC?

For the record our weekly tab is about $500. so no guilt here.

I wear a back pack as a carry-on and and have a couple water bottles filled with vodka and rum in the outside mesh bottle holders. Never had a problem. This next cruise is the first with RC though. Think I'm going try tequila in a ginger ale bottle bottle this time. The security people checking you in seem to be more concerned with weapons and bombs.

Carnival allows you to bring a bottle of wine or bubbly on board per passenger, does RC?

For the record our weekly tab is about $500. so no guilt here.

Good Luck. RCCL Checked the seal on my water bottle and my diet coke bottle to make sure it was still factory sealed.

No, no wine or bubbly allowed on RCCL.

LOL

You're funny.

But really, when I first ran the search on google, I fully expected recipes for making rumrunners. The drink! I never dreamed it would be so totally easy to find the flask bags.

When it gets right down to it, it seems like a hot water bottle would work. You know, the rubber bags from the old days to apply heat to the body. Do they still make those. :confused: :D

I'm still happy paying the drink of the day price on Radiance - $5.95. The same drinks on Monarch and Freedom are $8.95 - a price I refuse to pay even once.

And bloody marys and mimosas are only $5 on Radiance until noon. Stock up for later. ;)

All ships are not created equal.

Gina

How do you seal back up a can...not a beer drinker but could refill can with vodka.

Sorry, I was not clear. I take the cans of soda out of the cardboard 12 pack container and replace them with the cans of beer. The use a piece of clear packing tape to close it back up.

Hi Gina - That's interesting information about different drink prices on different ships. I always assumed they would be the same. $8.95 would be enough to put put me on the wagon also.

I was pretty surprised at this, too.

Why do you think I fly all the way to CA to cruise Radiance? It's the cheap drink prices. :rolleyes: :p

Really, it's the principle. :)

I have the cruise compasses to prove it though. I can't WAIT until Radiance comes to Tampa. What all RCI ships do great, Radiance does even better. :D And that includes screening luggage. :rolleyes: Or maybe that's just the port of San Diego that does that so well.

Gina

Sorry, I was not clear. I take the cans of soda out of the cardboard 12 pack container and replace them with the cans of beer. The use a piece of clear packing tape to close it back up.

While waiting for your replay - Thanks by the way - I went on google and asked "how to reseal cans of soda" and you guessed it they tell you & show you with a short video how to do it. Not sure it works, but think I will try it.

Archived