Roof Of The Crown

aleblzr

I can't see the area on the left that well, but the area on the right looks like a swimming pool.

I highly doubt it´s a pool. It´s a blue painted floor, but a pool of that size, at the highest point of the ship, I doubt it. That would be a nightmare for balancing the ship and they wouldn´t do that for crew pleasure.

I highly doubt it´s a pool. It´s a blue painted floor, but a pool of that size, at the highest point of the ship, I doubt it. That would be a nightmare for balancing the ship and they wouldn´t do that for crew pleasure.

Okay, I see the reflection on the floor. I could see the bottom was painted like the floor of a pool but that would not be reflective.

What are sun panels?

Agreed, What are Sun Panels?

Also I don't think they're "Solar" Panels either, they're too thin. To be that thin they would have to be built into the Crown which we've seen previously there aren't recesses for them. Who knows though, maybe the size of the ship is throwing off the scale....

Larger Image:

713599952_nc2p6-O.jpg

I think they are solar panels, on Goldstein's blog, 04 November post, someone thanks him for installing tham and says its her family doing the work. Also if you look at the roof shots from the 'departing Turku' set of photos on oasisoftheseas.com, the black panels are not there.

Two guesses:

One, they are, in fact, solar panels.

Two: They are tinted roof top windows to allow light into the area underneath.

Much of the area underneath are the Crown loft suites. Doubt they would be letting sun into the loft suites, and only some of them at that.

That's a great picture. Where did you find it??

Someone posted a thread with photo's from the Sun Sentinel with that image. I'm suprised none of the available helicopters didn't take a full set of photo's from directly above the ship to truely show off the ships main design point in Central Park and Boardwalk..... Would have also helped many of us fans with tons of questions about the ship...

Here is the answer to the questions about what is above the crown from the mouth of Adam Goldstein. This is off of a Q&A in USAtoday crusie log going on today...

Adam Goldstein (0 friends, send message) wrote: 7m ago

-------- Yes you saw the solar panels on top of the viking crown deck. They contribute power into our general grid. Today it is a small % of our power requirement but we are hopeful with improving technology that the % can increase over time. The people you saw standing near there were crew as those areas on either side of the funnels are crew outdoor areas

Archived