When you get off the cruise ship..Do they have someone handing out road map?

Ruth

Some islands hand out maps when you get off the ship...Has anyone been to Curacao lately and can tell me if they hand out maps of Curacao?

The ones on line do not print well. Can't see the detail on each road that we will need to get to all the beaches we want to go to.

Does anyone know if the main roads have signs marking the beaches. Are there good road signs on Curacao?

Yes, the Curacao Ports Authority does have an "official map" of Willemstad available after alighting from the vessel. It is not a very detailed map, but is sufficient for walking around the city centre. About 2/3 of the map is advertising, 1/3 is the map itself.

Some islands hand out maps when you get off the ship...Has anyone been to Curacao lately and can tell me if they hand out maps of Curacao?

The ones on line do not print well. Can't see the detail on each road that we will need to get to all the beaches we want to go to.

Does anyone know if the main roads have signs marking the beaches. Are there good road signs on Curacao?

Are you renting a car? It sort of sounds like it since you are asking about road signs. If so likely they will have a road map at the car rental.

Yes, the Curacao Ports Authority does have an "official map" of Willemstad available after alighting from the vessel. It is not a very detailed map, but is sufficient for walking around the city centre. About 2/3 of the map is advertising, 1/3 is the map itself.

That won't help with beaches.

Yes, We are renting a car. I was going to buy a map...but thought I would downloaded a detail map from the internet. Didn't work....

I know some ports give out maps. But what about the road signs -Do they have road signs to the beaches. We have certain beaches we want to go to Port Maria etc. Some look like they could be hard to find if you didn't have a GOOD MAP.

Thanks

Yes, We are renting a car. I was going to buy a map...but thought I would downloaded a detail map from the internet. Didn't work....

Many Caribbean islands do not have good maps with much detail, and that makes navigating somewhat difficult with the absence of named roads. I used the B&B map of Curacao since it is probably the best one in that regard. Unfortunately, the map is out of print (though it does appear to be available still from http://www.caribmart.com). Do note that B&B is now Borch (http://www.borch.com).

When we were in Curacao we walked throughout the CBD and used the local transit bus system venture out into the rural areas. As such I can't give much advice with respect to driving oneself around.

Archived