Psst. Wanna get some luggage tags?

6502programmer

Looks like luggage tags can now be requested. From the Reservation Summary:

Luggage Tag Information

Celebrity's ship luggage tag program provides you with personalized luggage tags before leaving home. Each Luggage Tag Mailer contains eight (8) colorized tags, specific to your ship, sailing date and stateroom assignment.

Upon clicking the link, I was asked to complete a form with my mailing address so they could send luggage tags to me.

I looked on my reservation summary page and did not see any reference to luggage tags. I have not yet made final payment so perhaps that is the issue. Where on the page did you see the link?

At the bottom of the page for the Online check in tab.

j

But they give only 8 tags.

Well, that might work if we don't put tags on the bags we'll keep with us through check-in (cameras, computer, iPod). We're driving so there's no incentive to do this efficiently. :D

j

Huh:confused:

??no incentive; inefficient??put the eight preprinted ones of the cases you are going to give the porter. Make up your own labels for the stuff you aren't giving the porters. If you have to check more than 8 things, just let the porters give you extra tags for those if need be. Doesn't seem so inefficient.

Plus a phone call might get you extra preprinted tags as well...

Huh:confused:

??no incentive; inefficient??put the eight preprinted ones of the cases you are going to give the porter. Make up your own labels for the stuff you aren't giving the porters. If you have to check more than 8 things, just let the porters give you extra tags for those if need be. Doesn't seem so inefficient.

Plus a phone call might get you extra preprinted tags as well...

Sorry - should have been more precise. What I intended to say was that by driving a station wagon to the port we had no incentive to try to pack efficiently.

Was planning on using their tags for the checked stuff. Just not sure how much we'll actually take. I know we'll each check two suitcases - but then I also have a garment bag for the formal wear and something for the snorkel/fin sets. We did much better on the Danube cruise when we were working on European airline limits. Everything fit in two checked bags each plus the two carry-ons each we were allowed. But it's nice to be able to take both my black & white dinner jackets and all the other toys.

j

Sorry - should have been more precise. What I intended to say was that by driving a station wagon to the port we had no incentive to try to pack efficiently.

Was planning on using their tags for the checked stuff. Just not sure how much we'll actually take. I know we'll each check two suitcases - but then I also have a garment bag for the formal wear and something for the snorkel/fin sets. We did much better on the Danube cruise when we were working on European airline limits. Everything fit in two checked bags each plus the two carry-ons each we were allowed. But it's nice to be able to take both my black & white dinner jackets and all the other toys.

j

gotcha. and I agree. We sailed 12 days from Bayonne and brought maybe seven hundred bags or so;). Next year we sail 14 days but have to fly out to SanDiego so I will have to streamline my packing for that. (so hard. you think you are just bringing what you NEED but somehow you've filled up 35 cases.:D)

At the bottom of the page for the Online check in tab.

j

I must be blind, I can't find the link??? I found the tab that talks about how to qualify for them, but can't find any way to order them!

Help?:confused:

Luggage Tag Information

Celebrity's ship luggage tag program provides you with personalized luggage tags before leaving home. Each Luggage Tag Mailer contains eight (8) colorized tags, specific to your ship, sailing date and stateroom assignment.

Upon clicking the link, I was asked to complete a form with my mailing address so they could send luggage tags to me.

My agent gave me the 8 luggage tags-they are great/color coded BIG floor number on them very clear to read room number.....Now that we upgraded to a different room/floor I don't get to use mine :(

I guess this is no biggie since i've been told that I can get more at arrival.

I'd order more but they will never get to me in time.

Thanks for the info programmer!

I saw the luggage tags item on my reservation yesterday . At that point I had a cabin number assigned.

I upgraded to a Suite guarantee and now that item is no longer there.

I believe it will only appear when there is a specific cabin number in the reservation.

I saw the luggage tags item on my reservation yesterday . At that point I had a cabin number assigned.

I upgraded to a Suite guarantee and now that item is no longer there.

I believe it will only appear when there is a specific cabin number in the reservation.

We have a confirmed reservation and a cabin number. (sigh) Perhaps it's not available to Canadians?

We have a confirmed reservation and a cabin number. (sigh) Perhaps it's not available to Canadians?

I have the same issue and Celebrity told me that you need to have paper tickets/documentation delivery to get the luggage tags mailed to you. Otherwise, you will get them when you arrive at the ship.

Luggage Tag Information

Was very interested in luggage tags. Went to my reservation summary and there was no information about luggage tags. Are they selecting certain ships or passenger levels?

Not avaliable for Aussies. maybe Celebrity is against us Colonials.

I apologize for casting aspersions on Celebrity's policies for Canada (and Australia!) apparently the link doesn't appear on your reservation until a month prior. Here's the quote in response to my email to Celebrity:

"Guests may request luggage tags be mailed directly to their home address approximately 30 days prior to sailing. Full payment must be received before luggage tags can be mailed."

That makes it clearer, but Celebrity really should post that kind of stuff on the website. Imagine how must less responding they would have to do to emails like mine! :D I guess I have to wait a few more weeks to order. My only concern is the unbelievably long time it can take for mail to get here from the U.S. sometimes. Just hope they get here!

Archived