Victor Bodden "Best of Roatan Private Tour"

Jaymee287

We had a great tour through Victor Bodden as well. Our guide was Joseph. He took us to the petting zoo (our favorite was the anteater), sightseeing, to the beach at the Mayan Princess, shopping and then to his house. He said that he had 5 kids, but that their aunt had taken the older kids out for the day. He brought out the baby (no wife to be seen). When we asked the baby's name he stumbled over it. I don't think that he was his own baby- just an extra pull at our heartstrings to get a better tip. It was $80 for the 2 of us and we gave him an extra 20 as we had planned, expecting that he would show us a good, safe, fun time. And the bonus of a story of a man who, perhaps, "borrows" babies!;)

We just got off a cruise on the Carnival Legend on Feb. 7th and did a private Roatan tour with Al through Bodden tours. We had a great time on the island and Al drove us all over. Stopped to see the monkeys and other animals at Victor's place and met Victor also. Would definitely book a private island tour again next time in Roatan and ask for Al.

Group of 4 did the "Best of" tour and we were very happy with our guide. We saw all of the island, did some trinket shopping, went to the Botanical Gardens and had a relaxing, enjoyable visit to this lovely island. Know what you want to see or do, do some research ahead of time, be open to suggestions and you should have a good experience, too!

We just returned home from our B2B on the Equinox and we took a BEST OF ROATAN tour on Feb 2/10 ... with one of Victor Bodden's guides ... ANDREW.

About 20 minutes into our tour... Andrew said he was "out of gas"!! He asked us for $10 to buy some gas which we gave him and we stopped for the gas. The tour continued on and we saw the locations we had booked but at the end of the tour ... my DH just told him ... his tip ... was in the gas tank!

SO ... please check to see that "your Victor Bodden Guide" has ... Gas in his van...BEFORE you leave on your tour.

Pat :)

We just returned home from our B2B on the Equinox and we took a BEST OF ROATAN tour on Feb 2/10 ... with one of Victor Bodden's guides ... ANDREW.

About 20 minutes into our tour... Andrew said he was "out of gas"!! He asked us for $10 to buy some gas which we gave him and we stopped for the gas. The tour continued on and we saw the locations we had booked but at the end of the tour ... my DH just told him ... his tip ... was in the gas tank!

SO ... please check to see that "your Victor Bodden Guide" has ... Gas in his van...BEFORE you leave on your tour.

Other than the mishap with gas- how was the rest of your tour? Did he deduct the price of the gas from the cost of the tour. Sounds like an honest mistake to me.

Other than the mishap with gas- how was the rest of your tour? Did he deduct the price of the gas from the cost of the tour. Sounds like an honest mistake to me.

Tour was Ok ... we saw the places that Victor had mentioned in our original emails. No Tour Cost deduction ... so that was when my DH told ANDREW ... his tip was in the gas tank.

I emailled Victor directly today (our 1st day home) as well. I don't think Victor is aware of what took place and we wanted to give him a heads up to what one of his guides was doing.

Our tour experience is just "feedback" on what happened to us on Feb 2/10 with Andrew.

Cruisecritic has helped us find many many GREAT private tour guides and this is the 1st time something like this has happened to us.

• 3 weeks later...
...The new Mahogany Bay port is stunning. Carnival owns the port, and will not allow the independents to pick you up in the port (although they can drop you off). We had to walk through the port area and up the hill to meet our guide. Roatan was our favorite port on this cruise and our tour with Ben was well worth the the 10 minute walk from ship to our driver. ....

Can we purchase the $5. chair lift ticket & use that to get you to where you meet the guide? It looks cool & figured we could use it again later once we're dropped off at the ship after the tour.

Edited by LynneL

Can we purchase the $5. chair lift ticket & use that to get you to where you meet the guide? It looks cool & figured we could use it again later once we're dropped off at the ship after the tour.

No the chair lift won't take you to where you would meet one of Victor's guides. They do not allow the tour guides to pick people up within the "compound" you will have to walk up a hill to one of the main roads and meet your tour guide outside the gates.

we did a tour with Victor Bodden and enjoyed it. Everyone drives crazy out there so just dont look LOL. But other then that we had a great time. The driver asked us what we liked to do and from that suggested ideas. We had a full fun day and were back to the ship with about 45 mins to spare. Great time. We are using VB again in October when we go back to Roatan. There was 4 of us and our ages ranged from 21-30

We are booked with Bodden for our first trip to Roatan in 2/2010! After reading sooo many positive reviews and researching our options - it was a no brainer! I know that we are visiting the monkeys, the cameo factory, and west end. Mahogany Bay looks nice but I want to see the island, not my cruise ship!

The wife and I booked with Victor and took the "Best of Roatan" private tour with tour guide, Rolando Roland. Victor, whom you will probably meet, runs a great series of tours and I found them to be reliable and trustworthy. Please introduce yourself to Victor and his wife when you are visiting the monkeys as his home is situated right there in the area where your monkey tour starts. They have a beautiful home and are quite friendly. I highly recommend any Victor Bodden tours and found that if you are not satisfied with your assigned tour guide Victor will personally find a person to fit your needs. Be sure to have your guide take you to West Bay Beach. The shopping and atmosphere is fantastic.

Jeff and Donna Cook

Illinois

We have booked with Victor for our May arrival and we are a group of 8 coming. Three of us want to zipline, 3 of us would like to snorkel and 2 others will likely just want to go to a beach. Will we need to split up on different buses or will our tour guide drop off/pick up as necessary? Has anyone else done this?

• 1 year later...

We highly recommend using Victor Bodden tours on your trip to Roatan. We met our tour guide, Kenny, after a short walk and he got us started quickly. Kenny was very helpful and informative and showed us many great parts of the island. We visited the iguana farm, zipline, and a beach. It was incredible to interact with the iguanas, monkeys, and other island animals at the iguana farm, and the zipline was a blast. After the tour, Kenny brought us to a local restaurant where we enjoyed a delicious meal. Throughout the tour our guide was helpful, informative, fun, we had a great time with him. Ask for Kenny when you book your Best of Roatan tour with Victor Bodden.