'Same-old' alcohol question!

purplecatherine

I've searched extensively on these forums and I've found LOTS of posts regarding taking alcohol on-board lots of cruise lines but not much on P&O's policy on this.

I can't drink regular beer or lager and have to have a special brand which I can almost guarantee won't be found on any cruise ship. I can (thank the heavens) drink wine and wouldn't mind taking a bottle or two on board to drink in my cabin (I would always drink ship-bought drinks elsewhere), but I've been told of 'naughty-rooms' where you go if you're caught, paying corkage fees and allsorts of tales; decanting into mouthwash or children's juice bottles (reminds me of school discos!!), and in the USA, they've developed a 'rum runner' which blatantly advertises on it's website "sneak alcohol on cruise ships"!

Can anyone give me a definitive yay or nay?

Cheers (literally!)

PC:o

I was on J916 Arcadia in October and took on board with me a box of rose in full view of the security as it was in a plastic bag and nothing was said although i think i read somewhere that might not be the case on Vetura.

Don't know whether that helps any.

PC

Which ship are you going on?

Ventura recently had one cruise when a trial was tried out when they sent a letter saying no alcohol to be brought on, nothing since. All other ships seem ok about bring moderate quanties of alcohol onboard, take a few bottles of wine or a wine-box which is easier to carry and unbreakable. Some tinnies in your hand luggage should be ok. Someone recently off a cruise said they had no trouble atall.

• 2 weeks later...

On Ventura last week they had a guy at a table as you get back on board with a sign saying that no alcohol should be brought back on the ship and that it would be confiscated until the end of your cruise. I never saw them check bags, they asked us once if we had anything in our bags and we said 'no (and we didn't!)

Archived