The Doubletree Grand Hotel on Biscayne Bay

rlkubi

Thinking about staying at Doubletree instead of Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Any recent reviews from anyone? There will be 8 of us. Safe to take people mover at night for dinner? Any good restaurants in the area? Thanks!

I stayed there last year while in Miami on business. My 8th floor “city-view” room was very large, with a king bed, wonderful bathroom, and a large balcony with a water view. There are two sinks (one outside of the shower/toilet room) allowing two to get ready at the same time. The bed was very comfortable and the room – and maybe entire floor – appears to have been recently renovated. There’s a single serve coffee maker, mini-bar (very expensive:mad:), and a small microwave. I did not have time to try the pool or other facilities. The only problems I encountered were some challenges getting the internet access to work, and the lack of a TV channel guide. Valet only parking is $29/day:eek: – if you don’t need a car cabs are always available and a relatively cheap option. I did not try the people mover.

Primos in the lobby is good for a casual meal or quick drink (the calamari appetizer is great!). Or walk two blocks to Biscayne and 18th where you’ll find a nice sushi place and Bin Number 18 – a wonderful, Mediterranean style bistro with an extensive beer and wine list:D as well as great food (the bruschetta is large enough to be a light meal for one). There’s also a small, very pricy:eek:, grocery store and a few other shopping options on the ground floor. I'd go back. Good luck!:)

Archived