Wonder Pools Salt Water or Fresh Water

texankhj

Princess has fresh water pools, RC and Carnival has salt water. Come to think of it RC and Carnival are drained at port. Princess always available. This is my first Disney cruise, taking my Grandson and I am glad to know it is fresh water. Salt water does burn the eyes.

Geez I'm learning so much from you seasoned cruisers!

I never would have thought they would use saltwater in the pools. Why do saltwater pools have to be drained before entering port?

Salt water pools don't recirculate water, they pump it up from below, warm it (if you're lucky) then run it through the pools and out overboard. There is no chlorination or chemical treatment. They rely on quick dilution and disposal of uh, let's just say "contaminants" to prevent the spreading of disease.

When the ship is near or in port, there is a much higher chance of picking up biological contamination from the sea water. This is especially true when visiting countries that don't have the high standards of sewage treatment as advanced countries like the US and UK.

Archived