Robert taggart fan club

It's been a long time since anyone posted on this Anyone know what ship Bob is on these days?

Someone told me that he has transferred to Voyager of the Seas, but I haven't seen any official sightings or confirmation of that fact. I know we will miss him on our next few Jewel sailings if that is true. He is a great guy despite his misguided allegiance to the Saints.:D

Edited by negc

Can anyone confirm whether Robert has signed on with Voyager or returned to Jewel of the Seas?

both confirmed through his facebook, and his personnal email he is on the voyager. He has said he is really missing the jewel is still taking some time getting used to the Voyager. He is also not as big of fan of the ports as he thought he was going to be. I only found out about the displeasure with the ports today while emailing him...

as you can see stated above his original plan was to come back to the Jewel, a couple things changed and he was then put on the Voyager, it was towards a last minute thing for him to switch. So sorry if there was any confusion

Edited by apk1389

both confirmed through his facebook, and his personnal email he is on the voyager. He has said he is really missing the jewel is still taking some time getting used to the Voyager. He is also not as big of fan of the ports as he thought he was going to be. I only found out about the displeasure with the ports today while emailing him...

as you can see stated above his original plan was to come back to the Jewel, a couple things changed and he was then put on the Voyager, it was towards a last minute thing for him to switch. So sorry if there was any confusion

Thanks for confirming what I feared was the case but there is no need to apologize for anything. I suspect the staff, crew and guests on the Jewel miss him as much as he misses them. I hope that he can either adapt to his new circumstances or find a way to get transferred back to Jewel. At the present time, however, I can only say that the Jewel's loss is the Voyager's gain.

Thanks for confirming what I feared was the case but there is no need to apologize for anything. I suspect the staff, crew and guests on the Jewel miss him as much as he misses them. I hope that he can either adapt to his new circumstances or find a way to get transferred back to Jewel. At the present time, however, I can only say that the Jewel's loss is the Voyager's gain.

100 percent Voyagers gain and Jewels loss. Im sure he'll be fine. I think he enjoyed the longer sails on the Jewel when it does the Baltics as he liked to make relationships with the guests on board, with the jewel doing the 12 night sailings compared to currently right now the VOs is doing mostly 7 day sailings same level of relationships is not built

100 percent Voyagers gain and Jewels loss. Im sure he'll be fine. I think he enjoyed the longer sails on the Jewel when it does the Baltics as he liked to make relationships with the guests on board, with the jewel doing the 12 night sailings compared to currently right now the VOs is doing mostly 7 day sailings same level of relationships is not built

However, when the Jewel repositions to Tampa next November it will begin a series of 4 and 5 night cruises which I don't think he or many others on the staff were looking forward to. As Hotel Director, he would be spending more of his time getting people on and off the ship than developing relationships with the guests, one of his greatest talents. We love the longer cruises on Jewel and are especially looking forward to the 16 night westbound transatlantic she will be doing in 2012. We recently switched our 4 night New Year's Eve cruise on Jewel to a 9 nighter on Navigator because of the fact that it offered more days, more ports, at only a minimal increase in the overall price. As much as Jewel is our favorite ship (as you can see from the list of our upcoming cruises) the switch was really a no-brainer.

However, when the Jewel repositions to Tampa next November it will begin a series of 4 and 5 night cruises which I don't think he or many others on the staff were looking forward to. As Hotel Director, he would be spending more of his time getting people on and off the ship than developing relationships with the guests, one of his greatest talents. We love the longer cruises on Jewel and are especially looking forward to the 16 night westbound transatlantic she will be doing in 2012. We recently switched our 4 night New Year's Eve cruise on Jewel to a 9 nighter on Navigator because of the fact that it offered more days, more ports, at only a minimal increase in the overall price. As much as Jewel is our favorite ship (as you can see from the list of our upcoming cruises) the switch was really a no-brainer.

yep luckily for him he usually got off right after the transatlantics... negc fyi ure "list" doesnt exist ure signature doesnt come up

yep luckily for him he usually got off right after the transatlantics... negc fyi ure "list" doesnt exist ure signature doesnt come up

Check a few posts up in this thread and you will find it, or look for it on the bottom of this post.:) I think that the 2012 repositioning cruise will be our 16th or 17th cruise on the Jewel.

Edited by negc

• 5 months later...

I just spent 4 weeks with him b2b2b on VY (VCE-VCE/VCE-BCN/BCN-MSY) and I'm sooooooooo glad he lived up to his reputation.:D

He's leaving VY on 12/03, spending a few days at home in FL, and then joining NV during the 12/04-10 cruise. And I was already booked on NV 12/04 and the 01/08 cruise as well.:cool: Thinking of adding New Year's cruise, but not at today's prices. Bill: do you and Rita have any extra room?:rolleyes:

I just spent 4 weeks with him b2b2b on VY (VCE-VCE/VCE-BCN/BCN-MSY) and I'm sooooooooo glad he lived up to his reputation.:D

He's leaving VY on 12/03, spending a few days at home in FL, and then joining NV during the 12/04-10 cruise. And I was already booked on NV 12/04 and the 01/08 cruise as well.:cool: Thinking of adding New Year's cruise, but not at today's prices. Bill: do you and Rita have any extra room?:rolleyes:

Sorry Beth but all our space is accounted for.:D Glad to hear that we should be sailing with Robert on NYE. His replacement on the Jewel is excellent but we still missed his presence especially on this year's repositioning cruise.

• 2 months later...

I just ran into Robert on Navigator of the Seas. I met him on the Jewel in 2010. He told me he moved from Jewel to Voyager and then to Navigator. He misses the Jewel a lot. :D It's fantastic that he remembered me, and even asked me specific questions based on conversations we had over a year ago! he must meet thousands of people. Impressive man! :D

• 1 year later...

Love this thread! Sailed with Robert years ago on a Jewel TA, and he remains the only hotel director that I remember clearly. His personality and energy were evident in his staff, and his friendliness really stood out. Will never forget him leading the "Stripes" team against the "Stars" for Charades in the theater one evening.

Love this thread! Sailed with Robert years ago on a Jewel TA, and he remains the only hotel director that I remember clearly. His personality and energy were evident in his staff, and his friendliness really stood out. Will never forget him leading the "Stripes" team against the "Stars" for Charades in the theater one evening.

Likewise, he was great and from our Home Town too!!!:) We were on the Jewel Baltic and B2B TA to Boston.

We saw that Stripes versus Stars too, it was so funny.

• 1 year later...
He was on Majesty recently, filling in for the regular HD Michael Landry. Appears he is moving about, filling in where needed and waiting for a future full-time assignment.

Rick and Deirdra

We met Robert on the Thanksgiving Weekend cruise on Her Majesty. He is outstanding. He said he expected to be there for a little while and then wasn't sure.

Years ago I married a chef that worked on the ships. We went on a cruise and my husband knew Robert Taggart. So we hung out with him when able.

He is a great fan of ice hockey and use to play until he kept getting hurt badly and his mother was getting upset. Went to a few parties in his cabin and had drinks with the officers a couple of times. He was very personable and we really enjoyed his company. I don't know if any of you know this but he started the Meet n Mingles for Cruise Critic guest. We should all tell him a big thank you!

Brenda

Years ago I married a chef that worked on the ships. We went on a cruise and my husband knew Robert Taggart. So we hung out with him when able.

He is a great fan of ice hockey and use to play until he kept getting hurt badly and his mother was getting upset. Went to a few parties in his cabin and had drinks with the officers a couple of times. He was very personable and we really enjoyed his company. I don't know if any of you know this but he started the Meet n Mingles for Cruise Critic guest. We should all tell him a big thank you!

Brenda

What a tidbit about him -- that he started the Meet N Mingle concept.

I had the pleasure of meeting him on Her Majesty a couple of months ago. He is so dynamic. People often hope to have dinner with the Captain....to me it would be much more fun to have dinner with an officer like Robert. He was delightful at the CAS cocktail party.