roatan beach

giddy2travel

Hi I put this on another board also but maybe this one gets more views I dont know

I was wondering if anyone has done a beach day in roatan at the turquoise bay resort or fantasy island resort with roatan shore tours

I have been to the west bay beach and I loved it but I thought these others look a bit less crowded for relaxing but I would appreciate any input anyone may have.

thanks

Hi I put this on another board also but maybe this one gets more views I dont know

I was wondering if anyone has done a beach day in roatan at the turquoise bay resort or fantasy island resort with roatan shore tours

I have been to the west bay beach and I loved it but I thought these others look a bit less crowded for relaxing but I would appreciate any input anyone may have.

thanks

Hi, we are going on our 1st carnival cruise 3/7/10, and we have already booked the fantasy island beach day thru roatan shore tours. They emailed us that they won't be able to pick us up at the new cruise dock as Carnival owns it and isn't letting independent tour operators pick up their guests there. We are waiting for info on where to go to meet them. We thought this sounded like a great beach, so we're gonna try it. I hope we're not disappointed!

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off the Valor that had a stop in Roatan..

Yes CCL owns the dock area and you can tell.. The dock area is very nice and very secure.. There are restaurants, bars and shopping.. Once you leave the secured dock area you seem to have stepped back in time..

There are hoards of kids that will help you find what you are looking for..

(They were a nice bunch) Once you have finished your shopping, just give them a buck or two and you have totally made their day.. (Heck, $20.00 and they are RICH..)

As far as where your tour will meet you is up in the air.. As you leave the port area, there is really not much room to park a large vehicle to meet at..

thanks it's nice to hear from someone who has finally been to the new dock.

We were at Mohogany Bay 12/4. We walked out of the shopping complex to the exit road then walked to the top of the hill @200yds. where a rep. of the tour operator (Bodden)met us ...he put us in a van which then went down to a parking area where we were hooked up with our guide.When you return from your excursion Carnival allows them to take you all the way to the complex. Speaking of which if you just want a beach day take the lift in the complex out to the beach $5 to ride (walk for free).

Archived