Gym on the Jewel?

crobertson

The Jewel has a terrific gym set up.

I took a few pictures on our cruise:

There are about 10 each of treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals as well as an assortment of strengthing machines. They have some free weights, a rowing machine, and a punching bag.

There are two large rooms, one with all of the equipment and another for pilates classes and other exercise programs they offer on board (for a fee).

I always took advantage of their chilled towels to help me cool off after a workout.

I am sure you can find something useful there.

Enjoy!

When we were on the Jewel this past summer, they had signs on the treadmills that they were not to be used before 8 a.m. (I think it had to do with the noise on the cabins below), but the ellipticals were available and other machines. Also, some people didn't realize that everyone didn't want to hear their program on the TV as they worked out, so they didn't bring the earphones. It seemed to have many different machines, though and was clean and cared for.

Judy

The only thing with the elliptical machines is that they are too tall and the ceilings too short for someone who is 6'4" to use them without being hunched over. I do like the ellipticals but more head room is needed! :cool: The rest of the workout equipment on the Jewel is great! I used it in 2007 and it was great to tie me over until I got back to the US. :)

There are two large rooms, one with all of the equipment and another for pilates classes and other exercise programs they offer on board (for a fee).
There are some exercise classes that are free of charge. I didn't take specific notice last week of which were extra fee, but I think that they included the usual collection of pilates, spinning and yoga.

The gym is no longer open 24 hours a day. It's 6 am to 11 pm, with weights and treadmills only open from 8 am to 10 pm. The Freestyle Daily hasn't yet caught up with this, but the sign at the entrance to the gym was very specific.

Archived