Eastern Or Western Caribbean??

Misty_Que

We have our cruise vacation for next January narrowed down to either the Western Caribbean including Labadee - the ships private island on Navigator of the Seas or the Eastern Caribbean on Explorer of the Seas but we can't decide between the two....... Please tell me what was your favourite and why?

We've now sailed Eastern twice (Century & Millennium) & Western once (Century) -- we had some fun adventures on the Millennium cruise last month, with the "countryside tour" in the Dominican Republic & a private tour to Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico, but the ports on the Western swing are still my favorite memories -- Key West and Ocho Rios, Jamaica, in particular -- that cruise also stopped at Grand Cayman and Cozumel, which I know most people seem to dearly love, but we liked Key West and Ocho Rios better! Depends on whether you're a beach person or not. St. Thomas remains the best beach spot we've visited on any of those cruises, though I hate the congestion you have to wade through to get out of Charlotte Amalie when a few other ships are in town ... TR

HI- Hope you have a wonderful cruise either way. We have sailed on the Western twice and will be going on the Eastern in April. What you experience in each port all depends on who you are and what you want to do. We are a family of 3 with a young child. The ports we loved on the Western are Grand Cayman ( a bit of a rock of an island but the beauty lies beneath the waves- stingray city with Capt. Bryan highly recommended)sampling rum cakes in all the stores and 7 mile beach and Cozumel ( either Senor Sanchez' Beach, Paradise Beach or Chakanaab for snorkling. Key West is nice (Hemingway House,Mel Fisher Museum and Conch Train) and so is Ocho Rios ( Dunnes River Falls and Fern Gulley with tour from Pete Taylor). I know I have scoured these boards for info. on our upcoming trip and hope this will be helpful to you.

Archived