I'm annoyed that I can't downgrade.

Rachel302

I booked early saver which means I cannot downgrade. I understand this but am still annoyed. When I booked in August, I very specifically wanted a room on the 7th deck. I was told none were available but the promotion they were running allowed me to "upgrade" to any other deck I wanted for the same price. I paid $699 for an interior room on the 8th deck (4G). I was satisfied with this deck and this price but was hoping something on the 7th deck would become available. The PVP told me to call back and check for cancellations. Now it's November and althought the listed price has only gone up, they've added my state to the residency sale prices and my cruise cost has gone down $5 per person ($694). I called to verify this and mentioned that I noticed a whole bunch of mid-ship 7th deck rooms had become available. She checked with someone and said I wouldn't be able to downgrade because of the Early Saver. I'm not looking for a price drop (the 7th deck 4F are $689pp - a whopping $10 cheaper) just want my 7th deck room! I wanted it all along! I'll keep my $699 price if I have to!

I understand the policy, just wanted to vent my frustration with it. :(

It does stink, but you agreed with the terms of ES when you booked your original cabin. I booked ES, too, after reading all the terms and thinking to myself I am certain that I agree with all of them.

I'm sure you'll be able to make the best of it in your current room (or change to another room of the same or higher category). :)

Oh it certainly won't ruin my vacation! I was perfectly happy all this time with my room, just frustrated when I saw the 7th deck available but not available to ME!

I haven't made my final payment yet and I am actually pretty excited that I got a price reduction after checking every single day for any drops! That's $5 I can spend on a drink!

Sometimes I think the PVP's and TA's think the ESA is the worst thing that Carnival has done. If you follow the rules, it works out well. If you sign up and really want something else, it's best to not use ESA.

I can't say I blame you for not being disappointed, but the rules of ESA are quite specific. I know you will enjoy your cruise anyway.

I booked early saver which means I cannot downgrade. I understand this but am still annoyed.

I understand the policy, just wanted to vent my frustration with it. :(

I have stayed in cabins from the highest deck to the lowest on ships.. The only difference I have noticed is to remember to push UP or Down on the elevator to get to my cabin ( I usually have that down pat by the 7th day).....

Can you imagine only One Half of 3,000 passengers wanting to change decks, and then changing cabins, and then changing decks a second time.

If you understand the ES rules, IMHO, go with the flow and have FUN ~~!!~~

This is just a stupid business move on Carnival's part....

You are willing to pay for a higher category and take a lower category cabin. Carnival could give you the cabin you want and then sell the cabin you currently have booked at a higher rate and therefore make more money. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they have the opportunity for a happier cruiser and to make more money - why wouldn't a business do this?!?!?

Instead they now have someone unhappy with their cabin - who now is posting that they were misled by a PVP ("The PVP told me to call back and check for cancellations.")and are not happy with the ES....

Oh it certainly won't ruin my vacation! I was perfectly happy all this time with my room, just frustrated when I saw the 7th deck available but not available to ME!

I haven't made my final payment yet and I am actually pretty excited that I got a price reduction after checking every single day for any drops! That's $5 I can spend on a drink!

What a nice positive attitude with all the airheads slamming you. There are some people who just like the sound of their own voices - you go and enjoy that $5.00 drink and have a great cruise.

Archived