Can you use cc instead of cash once you register onboard

Babyblue

I have done the online registration and printed funpass. My sister is using a cc/debit card onboard but I have already done the online registration as cash for her account. If she wants to use a credit card can she do it on the ship or must she register it when we go to the terminal and sign in before going on the ship?

I am using a cc and have it already registered.

I guess I can ask her and go back and change it before we board? Title should say once registered on the Carnival website not onboard.

If your sister wants to use a debit/credit card, she can give them the card when she is checking in for the cruise. If she uses a debit card, Carnival will put a hold on a certain amount of funds, depending on the length of the cruise.

A friend of mine once used a debit card, after Carnival collected their money at the end of the cruise, they released the hold on funds, however the bank kept a hold on for 3 more days tying up his money. I'm sure this isn't normal policy for most banks, but to avoid this situation, she may want to use a credit card.

If your sister wants to use a debit/credit card, she can give them the card when she is checking in for the cruise. If she uses a debit card, Carnival will put a hold on a certain amount of funds, depending on the length of the cruise.

A friend of mine once used a debit card, after Carnival collected their money at the end of the cruise, they released the hold on funds, however the bank kept a hold on for 3 more days tying up his money. I'm sure this isn't normal policy for most banks, but to avoid this situation, she may want to use a credit card.

Thanks for the quick answer, your right it can create a problem with a debit card. I will ask her about it tonight when she calls me back and suggest she use a cc instead.

Thank You!!

Archived