Bahama weather in Feb

Did a Majesty B2B last Feb so I was there for a week.

Day one in Miami...I wore capris and a light sweatjacket over my tank top all day. That whole week, whenever i sat by the pool, I had to have two towels wrapped around me...tightly. That includes all of day 2 when we were docked in Nassau, but I didn't get off the ship.

Day three, Coco Cay. Bathing suit, tightly wrapped in towels. When the sun was out, I could remove the towels but the second it went behind a cloud I had to cover up.

In Key West it finally warmed up. I did a kayak excursion and then walked around town in my bathing suit top and shorts and felt great.

The next day back in Miami it got nice and warm.

Nassau again...got off and rented a scooter. Shorts and a tank top but it was drizzling in the morning and on the scooter, moving fast, it was quite chilly. Much nicer at Atlantis when we stopped moving and the sun came out.

Coco Cay on the 2nd cruise...my sister laid in her bathing suit and I had mine on too but had to cover up under a towel for the first half of the day.

I never went near water except the day in Key West, which was beautiful.

I'd be a bit leary to go to the Bahamas in Feb again, but that week could've been a fluke!

I too, have been wondering about this, as we are booked for the Majesty on 2/15. However, with what Tranquil posted with mid 70's on Yahoo and the fact that it will be MUCH warmer than what we'll have for weather in Iowa at that time, I will welcome the 70's.

I have family in Miami and they say its been warmer than typical lately. I keep telling them to make that warmer weather hold out until we get there in Feb. :)

Thanks for the info. I think we will go in march instead.

The Bahamas can be chilly in March too once in awhile. Chilly weather comes in waves in South Florida and the Bahamas. The waves are usually just a day or two and then it warms up beautifully for a few days, then another chilly wave. The timing is extremely hard to predict, especially this far out.

The Bahamas can be chilly in March too once in awhile. Chilly weather comes in waves in South Florida and the Bahamas. The waves are usually just a day or two and then it warms up beautifully for a few days, then another chilly wave. The timing is extremely hard to predict, especially this far out.

Absolutely but I think she's a LOT safer in March than Feb. I've cruised quite a bit in March (to the Caribbean) and the weather was never a problem when we got to Coco Cay (in the Bahamas) or back to Miami. Mid-Feb last year was pretty dreadful. On my recent Liberty sailing, we went through Tropical Storm Ida and no joke, it was still less windy than many days on the Majesty in Feb.

I just think it's more of a crapshoot in Feb than in March.

Archived