Why is my Avatar missing and my name appearing in red

My octupus avatar disappeared and my name appears red. What does that mean and how do I reset it?
I think that the avatar problem is probably something to do with the rebuild or migration at the end of last week, as it seems to affect those who use CC's own avatars.

As for your name in red, that's almost certainly because at some stage you have clicked on it and your browser has stored the link (more precisely, this URL: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=75276) in its history folder. The CC forum page's coding specifies that links previously visited should show up in red.

To reset that, you could try to go through your browser's history folder to delete that single link, but it would probably be a very time consuming job. The other (faster) way of doing it is to clear the history folder completely but that also clears out all the other remembered links.

I often wondered how to get the animation next to your name. I did not know what it was. Now that I do (Thanks to this thread) I went into my User CP and notice that "Do not use avatar" is checked. I can't delete to pick one of the 17 offered. Any suggestions on how I can get this unmarked? I've tried reset and delete and rechecking to see if it will be removed.:confused:

I went into my User CP and notice that "Do not use avatar" is checked. I can't delete to pick one of the 17 offered. Any suggestions on how I can get this unmarked?
It's a series of "radio buttons". If you click on one of the similar buttons (or holes, really) for any of the 17 CC avatars (even though you can't see them at the moment), or for "Use a custom avatar", the dot will disappear out of the "Do not use avatar" button. In a series of radio buttons, only one can be "pressed" at any time.

:p Many thanks Globaliser..I was able to pick the purple fish but as you can tell there must be a problem as it doesn't appear...guess at least I know how to change it if I don't like it once I see it posted... I picked blindly because none of the pictures showed :D

Archived