If Carnival bought another brands ship...

Nunu

and "Carnivalized" it (not sure if that's a word :confused:), would you sail on it. Let's say for whatever reason NCL ran into trouble and had to sell off the Epic, would you give it a whirl knowing it was now a Carnival ship?

(yes I'm bored)

and "Carnivalized" it (not sure if that's a word :confused:), would you sail on it. Let's say for whatever reason NCL ran into trouble and had to sell off the Epic, would you give it a whirl knowing it was now a Carnival ship?

(yes I'm bored)

Joe Farcus will find a way to "Carnivalize" it and the unsuspecting public probably wouldn't know the difference!

I would sail! :)

P.S. I'm bored too!

I suspect that Carnival would be more than happy to see NCL or any other directly competing line fold and would not arrive as a white knight.

I can see Carnival acquiring one or two niche lines to fill in here and there but not another mass market line.

:)

I suspect that Carnival would be more than happy to see NCL or any other directly competing line fold and would not arrive as a white knight.

I can see Carnival acquiring one or two niche lines to fill in here and there but not another mass market line.

:)

I meant a specific ship not the whole line.

There are currently no other tacky cruise lines out there. Any ship that Carnival could aquire would only make this cruise line look better.

Favorite Cruise Lines: Holland America and Princess.

FireIce is obviously not the brightest light on a fun ship:rolleyes:

Joe Farcus will find a way to "Carnivalize" it and the unsuspecting public probably wouldn't know the difference!

I would sail! :)

P.S. I'm bored too!

The only way it would be unnoticeable is if he chopped off the "Top Hat".

And no, because of its' size, I would not sail it.

Just not sure if FireIce knows their favorite two lines are owned by Carnival Corp. Yes Carnival Cruise Lines ships have a brighter interior than most but it helped make them the largest cruise line (and most profitable) in the world.

Just because Carnie owns two lines that I like to cruise does not mean that Carnie doesn't have tacky ships. Of course if you like things that sparkle and twinkle then Carnival is for you. :)

(yes I'm bored)

I would give it a whirl under NCL;)

You couldn't pay me to take a cruise on the Epic or the Oasis, and it has nothing to do with who owns/runs them. It has to do with idiotic, stupidly, overly large ships forcing bad iteneries, way too many people in whatever ports you do go to, and high prices.

Would I cruise another properly sized/decent ship that was "Carnival-ized" as you say? Sure I would, I would sail it even if Carnival didn't buy it, because I would sail another line. I really want to sail both Princess and Celebrity, and would consider RCI possibly as well. But right now I'm also focussing on trying to make my Platinum on Carnival.

There are currently no other tacky cruise lines out there. Any ship that Carnival could aquire would only make this cruise line look better.

There are no "tacky lines"... just tacky people who pass judgment on them. :rolleyes:

It's hard to say which ship in particular since Carnival Corporation OWNS 3/4 of the cruise ships in the world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Corporation_%26_plc

the world's largest cruise operator, comprising 11 cruise brands, including Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line and Seabourn Cruise Line in North America; P&O Cruises, Cunard Line and Ocean Village in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Italy and P&O Cruises Australia in Australia. Combined, it operates a fleet of 88 ships, totaling more than 160,000 berths with a further 18 ships to be delivered by 2012.

So... basically, even the super hoity-toity brands like Cunard and Seabourn are owned by Carnival... What's left? Norwegian and RCI (which owns Celebrity)

All those ships are the same... maybe a wee bit more huge-gantic... but the same.

I just got off the Legend. I've been on Princess, Disney, and I'm platinum with Royal... I'd do Carnival again... Everything is all basically the same... but different. Not different-good or different-bad... just different.

No matter where you go on a cruise... it'll be a good vacation.

Food? No matter what ship you're on... the food is 1000000% better than the crap they feed you at Club Med!

Archived