How Much Time to Disembark in Cozumel?

Hi Fellow Cruisers...

This is my first time cruising (Enchantment of the Seas) and I'm trying to make land arrangements when we dock in Cozumel on July 7. How much time should I allow to leave the ship and get over to Playa del Carmen via the local ferry? The itinerary says we dock at 10:00 am. The time at port at this stop is fairly limited, so I want to make the most of it. Do ships ever dock early and allow passengers to get off earlier than posted? (I of course know that nothing is guaranteed and we could be late) What's been the experience of other cruisers, esp. in this port? THANKS!

The ferry from Cozumel to PDC runs on a regular basis, but you have to wait until it fills up, and it's a 45-minute ride each way. 10:00 a.m. is a fairly late time to arrive in Cozumel...most ships are already there. What excursion were you planning to take out of Playa del Carmen? You need to be very careful catching the right ferry back to Cozumel, as the passengers who booked excursions through the ship have first priority for getting on the ferry. Just keep in mind that you have to back on your cruise ship 30 minutes before its scheduled departure.

We are just back from the Enchantment. In Cozumel, its a long walk off the pier, then you have to find your way through the maze of the shopping area. Tour groups are lining up everywhere! Its a real madhouse. Once you get out of that you enter another madhouse ........... trying to get a taxi! If you're aggresive you'll get one quickly, otherwise be prepared to wait. Also there's a system as to how many people can go in what kind of vechicle. I've never seen anything like it but then again there were 6 cruises in port that day! Lastly you need to be back to the ship at 6:30. You may want to make your plans through RCCL and if there are problems RCCL will take care of you & get you back on time. Have fun, we went to Paradise Beach and Chankanob Park.

Happy Cruising!

Sue icon_cool.gif

All dem bonz are connected: de party bone & de drinkin bone & de stayin out all night bone & the cruisin bone.

Our first cruise: May 10 2004, Enchantment of the Seas

Archived