Questions for the World's Biggest Cruise Ship? Ask Oasis!

Dan Askin

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your questions. Seating for shows at the AquaTheater begins on Deck 6 -- just at the end of the Boardwalk. (I'm currently working to get answers to your questions about whether tickets are needed and if they can be obtained in advance. I promise to get back to you on those.)

Yes, there is a Diamond Lounge, and, indeed, there is still an ice show in Sudio B in Deck 4's Entertainment Zone. :)

See you soon!

Lady O

Hi "Lady O." We'll be on board on 10/16/2010, and we can't wait. We've already waited almost 15 months since we booked. I have lot's of questions, but everyone else has already asked most of these. I'm just waiting for your answers.

I was wondering about a couple of thing. Will there be tickets to see the aqua show? We'll we be able to reserve ahead of time? What deck will the seating be on for the aqua shoe? Is there a Diamond lounge? I imagine there will still be an ice show--Am I correct in thinking this?

Hi Logan!

Thanks for your questions. The Royal Promenade does have mood lighting -- the best of which (in my humble opinion) is visible when the Rising Tide Bar ascends. You can catch bright greens, blues, purples and yellows that mix with water fountains to create a neat little show! :) There are also overhead colored lights that add to the ambience.

The Boardwalk has more funky lighting that comes in the form of colored glass spheres, which can be found on the ceiling near the Boardwalk's entrance. There are also color-changing lights above the restaurants and shops. Because The Boardwalk is open to the sky (zip line passes directly above it on the Pool and Sports Deck), there are no lights overhead.

Central Park's lighting comes mostly from the shops and restaurants there. Street lamps are also present, but they don't provide the vibrant, colorful, funky atmosphere of those on the Promenade and Boardwalk.

Later gator!

Lady O

Does the Royal Promenade have night-time mood lighting (purples and blues) like the Freedom and Voyager class ships do? If so, is that also the case for the Boardwalk and Central Park?

Thanks!,

Logan

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading (nay, obsessing!!) about all things Oasis! :)

I have a little question (sorry if this has already been answered but I haven't been able to find this out for sure): who all has access to the outdoor area atop the bridge and bridge wings? Is that open to general passengers? Are there any restrictions of any sort? Where are the access points?

Thanks!

Thank you for all your info and taking the time to answer questions. Can you tell me where you are allowed to smoke. Are there any indoor bars that allow smoking? Also all the way aft on deck 11 and 12, can you access these areas? It seems there is an overlook there but I can't tell if you can walk out to it. Again thank you for all your hard work!

Adam told me he had nothing to do with this -- but Oasis of the Seas has the first ping pong "courts" I've ever said. Seriously. There are two areas -- one is like the grandstand, and it's one table surrounded by a circular plexiglass wall (you can get air cause the wall doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling). It reminds me, sort of, of a squash or racquetball court but is smaller natch.

The second area has three tables, again, all enclosed. Fairly briliant idea!

These are located up on the sports deck, adjacent to the basketball court.

Sounds amazing, thanks!

I will be editing this post to reflect what's included in the fare and what is available at an additional cost ...

Food:

150 Central Park ($35 per person surcharge)

Main Dining Room (free)

Windjammer Marketplace (free)

Giovanni's Table ($10 per person lunch, $15 per person dinner)

Cupcake Cupboard ($2.50 per cupcake)

Donut Shop (free)

Johnny Rockets (free for breakfast; $4.95 for lunch, dinner)

Izumi (a la carte; sushi rolls start at $1 at lunchtime, entrees from $2.50)

Seafood Shack ($8.95 per person for lunch and dinner)

Activities:

Zip-line (free)

Carousel (free)

Rock-climbing (free)

AquaTheater shows (free, ticketing system)

Ice shows (free, ticketing)

Will Johnny Rockets be open the same hours every day? or will it vary as it does on other ships? If same hours, what are they? Thanks. Kathy

Our trip was such a whirlwind I have to report, sadly, that I did NOT make it to Boleros (one of my favorite RCI lounges) for a mojito and a spin on the dance floor. That said, on a cursory glance, it didn't look that much bigger than those on the Freedom class -- though there were tons of people dancing here at night. I often feel like venues, and not just those on cruise ships, keep the dance floors small on purpose so that the joint looks like it's jumping even after only a few people have gotten up, you know?

I'll try to get square footages for you to compare. - Melissa Paloti, Managing Editor

Does Boleros finally have a decent size dance floor. The ones on Voyager and Freedom class are small.

I am curious about the forward facing oceanview cabins category F? These face the front of the ship, look down on the helicopter pad? It appears they have sloped walls and larger windows than the other oceanview (nonbalconied) rooms. However, there is no image of these cabins on the RC website yet. These cabins are the top priced "oceanview" category. Is there anything unique about them?

Comments? I'm curious..

Thanks!

Hi ahornb,

The Loft Lounge is a private lounge for Loft Suite guests.

Thanks Oasis!!:)

I have another question. Do the special sails and wind deflectors that were put in place to protect Central Park, The Boardwalk and The Aqua Theater from uncomfortable winds really work? I'm most interested in how they perform while the ship is underway.

Hey everyone.. just a question about deck plans.. I won't be sailing til Dec 2010 but the room I've got reserved is a D5 on deck 9. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the gap is between 9217 and 9229. the gap follows through all the way up to deck 12 on both sides of the ship. I am hoping it's an open area with a view of Central Park but I'm thinking it might be used for storage or cleaning. If anyone can verify that I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

DLS 22,

I recently asked my agent the same question, as we have a D5 booked on deck 10. (Room 10224). She called Royal and was told that it is storage. They are suppose to be well insulated and said that the rooms are also well insulated and that we should not hear any noise.

Archived