Pride for Children

pamkev

HI,

We are thinking about taking our 9 year old granddaughter on her first cruise. We usually sail Celebrity which is not really geared to kids,we are thinking the Pride out of Baltimore is this a could ship for kids. The reason we are thinking about taking this ship as we can drive to the port. Thank you for any advice.

Pam

Camp Carnival is great for kids. My DD, now 10, started cruising at 5. She's done really well with Carnival. Our one Princess Cruise was a bomb - she hated the kids program. At 9, your granddaughter will be in the 9-11 age group. You can choose to give her sign out privilege, or you can make it the rule that an adult has to sign her in and out.

We took our 3 and 5 year olds for their first cruise on it this past summer. They had a blast! They're now starting to ask about next summer's cruise. Driving to the port was great. We left our house around 11:00 and were onboard by 2:00.

Our Pride photo review from June is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1009766

HI,

We are thinking about taking our 9 year old granddaughter on her first cruise. We usually sail Celebrity which is not really geared to kids,we are thinking the Pride out of Baltimore is this a could ship for kids. The reason we are thinking about taking this ship as we can drive to the port. Thank you for any advice.

Pam

ill be doing this cruise in a few weeks with my 5 year old... from past experience with carnival, its a great ship for kids... we chose this one too for its proximaty to us (we're near philly)... the great thing about carnival is there is no need to tell her to be quiet and sit down, to behave... they just be kids and its alright. i love carnival, but will likely try the mercury out of baltimore or the explorer or the seas out of jersey, but will only do carnival with her, its really a great relaxed atmosphere.

We went on the Pride in June 2009 out of Baltimore. We were 4 families, 8 adults and 8 kids ranging from 4-10 with most in the 8 year old range. The kids loved the Pride. Lots to do. Our kids have been on a couple of cruises and they love it. Both Carnival and RCCL are great for kids. Both sail out of Baltimore in the summers.

As an FYI - My wife and I also just took a 4-day on Celebrity without the kids. They did have programs on the ship for kids and they seemed good. One thing they don't do on Celebrity is have entertainment at dinner. Our kids love the theme parties at dinner each night. Celebrity does not do that and our kids would miss that. In my opinion the food on Carnival is equal to that of Celebrity.

Archived