Oasis on Jay Leno now!

DEIx15x8

The Jay Leno just aired an Oasis of the Seas joke. They chose to go in an original route though. Instead of pirates or the ships sinking they went with the unsinkable idea. They showed video of the ship pulling into the channel in the background of the GMA broadcast and then cut to an aerial shot of her running into Florida and Florida sinking, lol.

With all these shows airing jokes of the ship and other information Cruise Critic should create a pinned TV thread to post all of them in one place.

The Jay Leno just aired an Oasis of the Seas joke. They chose to go in an original route though. Instead of pirates or the ships sinking they went with the unsinkable idea. They showed video of the ship pulling into the channel in the background of the GMA broadcast and then cut to an aerial shot of her running into Florida and Florida sinking, lol.

With all these shows airing jokes of the ship and other information Cruise Critic should create a pinned TV thread to post all of them in one place.

Damn you guys are quick! I was just checking in to make a post and record a quick vid of it off screen to post here...

When will people stop comparing ship size to the Titanic? It's like constantly comparing every new car that comes out to a Model T.

Unfortunately I think the thing that it will take to change this we do not want to happen. It may actually be a good thing that everyone compares it to such an old ship. I know that's the only ship disaster we had an entire unit on in elementary school (I think it was 3rd grade).

Unfortunately I think the thing that it will take to change this we do not want to happen. It may actually be a good thing that everyone compares it to such an old ship. I know that's the only ship disaster we had an entire unit on in elementary school (I think it was 3rd grade).

But the point is the general public still thinks the Titanic IS the largest ship in history, thanks to the name that people easily get fooled with.

Have to say i love Jay.....funny and a petrol-head to boot lol

Funny joke though.

My opinion on the constant comparison to Titanic (google Titanic conspiracy theroies if you want some good reading) She was the most famous ship ever to be built, She was in fact the Oasis of her time. No-one had ever seen such a huge ship at that time, and Oasis is our Titanic for our generation, she's the biggest cruise liner of the 21st century (possibly not the last) Titanic was the bigget cruise liner of the last century. Makes for good comparison i think.

CK x

Just wanted to put in my two cents worth on this topic. The Titanic was billed as being unsinkable. The Oasis has never laid claim to that. The Oasis is billed as the largest ship , which it is. In comparsion to some other cruise ships sailing, the Oasis while the biggest, it is not all that much larger then some that have been sailing for years. With the modern safety technology we now have in place the Oasis is safer and more Earth friendly then any ship sailing. So I don't think comparing the Titanic and the Oasis is a fair comparsion. Just my opinion.

Just wanted to put in my two cents worth on this topic. The Titanic was billed as being unsinkable. The Oasis has never laid claim to that. The Oasis is billed as the largest ship , which it is. In comparsion to some other cruise ships sailing, the Oasis while the biggest, it is not all that much larger then some that have been sailing for years. With the modern safety technology we now have in place the Oasis is safer and more Earth friendly then any ship sailing. So I don't think comparing the Titanic and the Oasis is a fair comparsion. Just my opinion.

They have used the term "virtually unsinkable" though. They even took about 15% of her side off in a test model to show that she could still float with the giant opening.

Every time a new biggest ship come out, like the Voyager, QM2, Freedom and now Oasis, they compare it to Titanic. Fact is, even after the Titanic sunk in 1912 a bigger ship was launched that year. How 'bout the Olympic? Sister ship and same size. So many bigger ships came out subsequent to the Titanic. Look at the Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth, Normandie, etc. I just think people think that's was the biggest ship until recently.

Archived