Check your balance after final payment

I made a final payment on Monday and had 0 balance. Imagine my surprise this morning when I went to "My Cruises" and saw that I owed $200!! Nothing on the payment/charges page added up to an extra $200 and I have a confirmation email from RCI clearly showing the total cost.

I call C&A and apparently I lost my platinum discount, and they charged me $200 extra instead. It was strange- she said she saw something like this last week. I guess there was some glitch in the system when I made my final payment that removed the discount. So she removed the charge, and added back in my discount and I'm back to a zero balance. She said that she hoped other people checked theirs, too otherwise it was going to cause a lot of confusion!

So if you've made a final payment lately (or a payment in general), go check your balance and make sure it's still what you think it is!

Erica

The RCCL website is all messed up. I went to check my balance as I made a payment this week. It does not show the correct balance, it only shows $60.00! I wish it was only that, but my confirmation invoice reflects the correct balance of $350.00. I hope they fix this soon as it will create a lot of havoc amongst people checking their balances.

If it's any consolation, I changed cabins (same category) online yesterday and my price went up $300. :confused: After a call to RCI, they "lost" my diamond discount and fixed it. It would have just been easier and less time consuming to call instead of doing it online.

Thanks for posting, I went and looked at ours and sure enough 300.00 more then we owed called and at frist she said no that's what you owed but then said oh I see what happened they add our diamond discount instead of taking off fixed now I hope

again thanks

Our balance my not show up as we go thru a TA, however if there is a way to check, where do I look.

I would try to login to your account on http://www.royalcaribbean.com (or set one up) and you can review your cruises. When you click on the reservation number, a summary should come up showing all charges. Not sure if you're going through a TA, but it's worth a try.

I would try to login to your account on www.royalcaribbean.com (or set one up) and you can review your cruises. When you click on the reservation number, a summary should come up showing all charges. Not sure if you're going through a TA, but it's worth a try.

No financial information will show on the my cruises account if you booked with a TA, only if booked directly with the cruise line.

It happened to me a few weeks ago....of course I didn't owe anything as we had to pay in full before sail date and to be able to print our setsail pass....:mad: One month before our cruise there was a senior discount. Called my TA and got the discount as OBC as we were after final payment....OK.

Get to the pier to check in and they say we have a balance due and owe $54.40....*****??? I just gave the pier coordinator my crcd and paid the $54.40.

Got on the ship and called my TA.....he was not a happy guy. He said he would call royal and take care of it....Seems like the great computer system royal has, decided to charge me the $40 senior discount as well as the $14.40 my TA lost on his commission. I know it sounds confusing but, thats how my TA explained it to me.

The next day we got a bottle of Champagne delivered to our cabin with an apoligy from our travel partner Ken and Royal Caribbean...saying a credit would be made to my crcd....:)

Just thought I would share my story because I had know idea that my account showed a balance due at any time after I had called for the senior discount. Now to be fair to my TA....he did explain that about a week before our cruise he got a call from his royal contact about the balance due. He was assured that it would be cleared up before our cruise.....well it wasn't....:confused:

The Pier Coordinator did tell us that it has been a problem for about a month and they have a few every cruise. There is nothing the Pier Coordinator can do...so no need to argue with them. They will just tell you to go to the pursers desk when you get onboard.

I can see this being a problem for anyone that has a ressie that shows a very large balance due when they get to the pier and don't have the funds to cover it....:eek:

Thanks for posting! I will check mine now.

By the way I am also a DMB Fan.

Have you ever been to the gorge for one of his concerts?

Unfortunately, I haven't been to the gorge yet. :( That's definitely one of my dream trips! The furthest I've gone is to San Francisco (I live on the East Coast). I go to at least one concert a year. I was actually at the last concert Leroi performed at, and then the first one where he was no longer there. :(

Thanks for posting, I went and looked at ours and sure enough 300.00 more then we owed called and at frist she said no that's what you owed but then said oh I see what happened they add our diamond discount instead of taking off fixed now I hope

again thanks

No problem!! Glad you caught it and got it straightened out. :D

The same thing happened to me yesterday! My $50 discount suddenly became a $50 charge giving me a balance owed of $100. A quick call got it fixed' date=' but I was really glad for once that I am obsessive and check my reservation every day!! :D[/quote']

I hear ya!! I'm glad I check, too!! ;)

The RCCL website is all messed up. I went to check my balance as I made a payment this week. It does not show the correct balance, it only shows $60.00! I wish it was only that, but my confirmation invoice reflects the correct balance of $350.00. I hope they fix this soon as it will create a lot of havoc amongst people checking their balances.

Wow, $60 would be a great balance! ;) Yeah, I hope it gets fixed soon, too. I'm sure a lot of people will panic!

Thanks for the heads up!!

No problem!

If it's any consolation, I changed cabins (same category) online yesterday and my price went up $300. :confused: After a call to RCI, they "lost" my diamond discount and fixed it. It would have just been easier and less time consuming to call instead of doing it online.

I don't understand how they "lose" it and then end up charging you instead. Weird!! Glad you got it fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived