Bannister Island

rka_99

Wondering if there is tour just for Bannister Island. The only one I can find has the Manatee watch with it. We just want to go to the Island. Anyone know if this is possible.

Thanks

ps we are with carnival.

We are wanting to do this too. We did Bannister Island last year and loved it. Since then it seems (based on info/rumors from this board) there has been many issues come up regarding the island. The latest issue was reported that Carnival suspended the BI excursion for 60 days due to issues Carnival felt needed to be addressed. It was indicated that Carnival didn't think the facilities were up to par. Since then a post on CC came out with a link to an article regarding Bannister being for sale.

So, who knows what will happen. When we were there we thought it was great and couldn't wait to go back this March. I sure hope all of this is resolved prior to then.

ps - I don't think the Manatee excursion stops at Bannister. I think it is Goff's Caye possibly.

According to the internet link that someone posted a while back, Bannister Island is sold.

Does anyone know if there are water taxi's that take you from Belize City to Bannister Island directly?

The two water taxis only go up to Caye Caulker and San Pedro. Bannister Island is a private island and the transportation there was provided by the island when you booke the excursion.

I did this tour last week on my Miracle cruise. My feelings are that this tour was well worth it, although we felt that we could of spent more time on the island. The safety instructions from the crew were the best I've have ever received on any of my snorkeling tours. This tour will not disappoint and normally I avoid ship excursions. We thoroughly enjoyed the island, very quaint & clean. I believe that you could book this tour independently at the pier.

Did you do the beach break through Carnival then? If so, was it available to book prior to cruising or did you book once onboard? I can't see that they offer it right now to book prior to your cruise, so I am wondering..... Thanks!

Did you do the beach break through Carnival then? If so, was it available to book prior to cruising or did you book once onboard? I can't see that they offer it right now to book prior to your cruise, so I am wondering..... Thanks!

I also do not see it on the Carnival site and was wondering the same thing. I was going to book through Coral Breeze, but wanted to see if Carnival offered it first.

Archived