Oasis cabin information-FOLLOW FORMAT PLEASE - No Questions/Discussion

kk99

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 10166

Class - D3

Locatoin: Front Port

Bed near - Closet

Quiet Cabin With comments on problems. Note if connecting - No problems with noise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue - No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Being a handicapped cabin, balcony was oversized

Was wind a problem? - nope

Any specific problems with this cabin? - nope

Any other comments? - nope

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 252

Class – D5

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Mid-ship

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath/closet

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet cabin, right next to the Hump balconies - Note, our balcony was NOT bigger because of this.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– As above - next to a hump balcony, so if you looked forward you saw INSIDE the next balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? located in the middle of a bunch of suites, and handicap rooms.

Any other comments? Location was great for the promenade and the boardwalk. Aft elevators close enough that we felt close to just about everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 614

Class – D3

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Starboard Mid

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes, quiet. Non-connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Nice view, no problems.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No Problems

Any other comments? In between both sets of elevators, which was not an issue for us. Liked location because we were on the land (port) side in each port of call.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 11262

Class – D3

Aft Port

Bed near? Balcony

Connecting cabin was quiet. One night we did hear people talking from the suite next door. The only other noise we heard was in the morning as people went out to their balcony you could hear chairs being moved.

Balcony View - no obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? The room does not have a couch, only a side chair (connecting cabin).

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 327

Class – B1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - back, one cabin from complete aft, looking over Boardwalk

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet / be sure to close balcony door properly to seal out noise from Aqua theater shows / if not sure how to do this ask the Steward - not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– view og Boardwalk, Aqua theater, ocean

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal balcony with two chairs and a table

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? Muster station was the Aqua theater. Most Aqua theater shows can be watched from this balcony - great view of all Boardwalk activities

Edited by Calker

Deck - 6

Cabin # -6672

Class – D4

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Ocean balcony starboard side aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting but very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Wonderful view as it coincided with a gap in the lifeboats. We were alongside the pier on all stops on the Western trip.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None whatsoever except that it seemed to be smaller than Superior on other ships.

Any other comments? If you are not pool visitors there is no better location on the ship. Very close to elevators but a short walk from the Boardwalk, 2 decks up to Central Park and one deck down to the promenade and MDR.

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin # 10191

Class – C1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Central Park

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting but very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Central Park view was wonderful! Loved hearing the birds and crickets and music piped in.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments?

Deck - 9

Cabin #9693

Class – B1

Boardwalk balcony

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – near bath

Quiet Cabin with some noise from Aqua Theater on show nights but not too loud

Balcony View - Right above the carosel on the starboard side

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal sized

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Stateroom is listed as having a sofa bed but the sofa does not make a bed.

Any other comments?

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 10601

Class – Oasis Class (Allure of the Seas)

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Central Park balcony, directly above Giovanni's Table.

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bed near bathroom, sofa near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting but quiet (connecting door is located near the front door, directly across from the bathroom)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Spectacular views for people watching! The rest of my family had an ocean view balcony, so I got to experience both views. The Central Park balcony makes you feel like you're staying at a really nice hotel and you can hardly tell the boat is moving unless you look up at the clouds. Deck 10 is the first level of balcony staterooms overlooking Central Park (just below it is a floor of staterooms with Central Park box windows I believe). I recommend staying on a lower level (deck 10, 11, or 12) because the higher you go the more noise you may hear from the pools directly above. My sister got pretty sea sick, and we noticed that she felt a lot better in our Central Park room as opposed to her aft Ocean view balcony, probably due to it's location, but also because it's easier to forget that you're on a boat...? We did feel some movement (especially around the Bahamas) but nothing terrible.

Was wind a problem? - Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? If you don't enjoy people watching, or are really picky about your privacy I recommend an ocean view balcony instead. I personally loved this room, and the location is directly above the center of Central Park. Often times they have live musicians playing in the courtyard below. Highly recommend this location!

Any other comments? This album has some pictures of the room, as well as several pictures of the view outside on the balcony.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.759382898861.2251748.44001403&l=d45dd98c20

Does anyone know if the bed in cabin 7274 is near the balcony or bathroom or what is the formula for figuring this out?

I am interested in this too. We have Cabin 11560 on the Oasis and 11570 on the Allure. Sure would like to know where the bed is in either of these cabins. I'm guessing there is formula but don't know what it is either.

Irene & Miles

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 12609

Class – C1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Central Park

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Excellent and centrally located

Was wind a problem? NO.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Yes, bed next to bathroom and electrical fixtures below desk which made it difficult to get to the outlets.

Any other comments? Other than a few nits it is a marvelous engineering marvel. Can't wait to try Allure.

Thanks, and I can't wait to be on her in September 2010 with all of my Cruise Critic friends.

Kelcie

I am interested in this too. We have Cabin 11560 on the Oasis and 11570 on the Allure. Sure would like to know where the bed is in either of these cabins. I'm guessing there is formula but don't know what it is either.

Irene & Miles

I posted this on another thread and got an answer. I was told if you check the spreadsheet on this thread and find a cabin close to yours you can figure it out. If you find cabin 11558 and it says close to balcony then yours would be close to bathroom. It apparently switches ever other cabin so just find one close to yours and check. Hope that helped.

Irene & Miles

I checked the spreadsheet here http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1 and found a cabin close to 11560 and if i figured it correctly yours should be close to the bath.

• 1 month later...
Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8592

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Midship Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

You loose a bit of space in this cabin - there is a section that juts out about two feet from mid cabin to the balcony doors. This is why the beds are by the closet as they won't fit by the balcony door area in length. It is really a tight fit with only a foot or so by the closet. Someone on our sailing said that every other room is like that - but I don't know that for a fact.

I do know that in Cabin 8594 the bed was by the balcony because our friends had that cabin.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – This was a nice, quiet cabin.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– There were no obstructions - we had wonderful views. This cabin was on the "hump" midship.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - A bit oversized with a small round table and two chairs.

Was wind a problem? No. Wind on the balcony was not a problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Limited closet access due to the beds being by the bath room and fewer shelves than we are used to on the Radiance class. We missed the pull out arm from the desk - the writing arm - found on all the other ships.

Any other comments? We loved the ship. But beware, you need to make reservations for all your entertainment, which we did prior to sailing. I cannot imagine how time consuming it would be to have to decide what and when you were going to see a show when you first boarded the ship. Another note - we found out the hard way that you need to "lock" your balcony door. One day we were literally sweating in our cabin while getting ready for dinner. We thought it was because the sun was overpowering in our cabin (which it was) - so we called the maintenance department to come up and check the thermostat. They called us back and said the engineers informed them that our balcony door was not locked. We argued and said it was, because the balcony door was closed. I guess there is some computer sensor that can tell when the handle is actually "locked" after the door is shut. If it remains in the unlocked position for any length of time, the air turns off in the cabin. It is important to actually lock the balcony door when you return to your cabin and not just close the door. About two minutes after we "locked" the door, the air kicked on. Amazing.

We took this same room location because we thought with the angled balcony, ev though you might lose a little space on the balcony, that it would be a great view to be able to see a bit forward instead of simply straight out. Did the space of the room being different and the bed placement make you wish you opted for the flat front D1 instead?

SailorManBilly -

Yes, we wished we had our bed by the balcony. It is very difficult to get into the closet with the bed near the bath. There is literally about 1 foot of space between the bed and the closet. It was not easy to navigate.

In addition, there is a wall section that juts out across from the bed and inline with the vanity because of the alternate positioning of the cabins.

In my opinion, you'd be much happier with any cabin where the bed is by the balcony.

We are booked on the Allure this November and have cabin 8594 and hope the configuration is the same as the Oasis - the bed by the balcony.

• 3 weeks later...

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 12664

Class – D6

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Back Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Anything but quiet:rolleyes:....this cabin is located only 1 cabin over from the hall entry...however it's located in the same line as the staircase (although behind the wall) and you get all the thumping from kids jumping on the staircase or running in the hall...it was non-stop during the daytime hours into the early evening...this is not a quiet cabin. I believe this cabin location is especially noisy due to the fact the kids/teen club and arcade are located just 2 floors above on 15 (there is no deck 13) and running up and down the stairs to get to it.

Also....even though this cabin is 2 decks below the pool deck, due to the overhang you clearly heard the thumping of deck chairs when crew was cleaning at 4-5am in the morning.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Excellent....clear view directly down to the water.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Noisy location

Any other comments? Very convenient location but not a quiet one. I would not book this cabin again.

Deck - 7 Oasis/Allure

Cabin # - 7100

Class – OV (view of helopad

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Front of ship

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – mid-room

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – When traveling at night at high speed can hear waves breaking against bow all night. This room is not recommeded for anybody.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? Could not sleep at night on sea days due to sever noise from wave hitting the hull.

Any other comments? Never get the rooms on the front of the ship on deck 7. If you get it through a qty ask for another room asap.

Edited by CaptData