Pictures of Handicap Balcony on Ruby Princess

mechcc

Another board member recently sailed on the Ruby Princess and not only answered my questions but posted these pictures of her handicap balcony cabin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechcc viewpost.gif

This question is for Ziggy - how are the handicap cabins? They are Great!

Are the doorways wide enough for scooters? Yes! Is the bathroom arranged to where when you shower the whole room doesn't get wet? Yes! Is there enough room in a balcony handicapp to store a scooter without tripping over it? Yes! Do they have a ramp to and from the balcony? Yes! How high off the floor is the safe? It was between my waist & chest high, see photo! Is there a seat in the shower and is there a handheld shower head? Yes! Is there ample outlets to recharge a scooter battery at night as well as utilizing a CPAP at the same time? There is one outlet with 2 plugs located on the wall by the desk. I would suggest bringing an extension cord. Are all of the public areas accessible to someone who is scooter, power chair, or wheelchair bound? Yes!

Since you did cruise in a handicapp cabin because of Jim's mobility problems, your answers will be greatly appreciated by all of us who are or have partners with handicaps. And I will be happy to post your answers on the handicap boards.

Thank you for all the answers as they could enfluence the cruise a family might take who have a disabled member.

See photos below:

09758.jpg

09750.jpg

09749.jpg

09754.jpg

09776.jpg

09778.jpg

09782.jpg

Debbie1.gif :p

Thank you very much Ziggy!

These came from the below thread on the Princess Boards and I hope the link works for anyone who wants to read anymore about the cruise. Janice and Debbie answered numerous questions on all sorts of questions and posted lots and lots of good information if you are considering Princess or the Ruby.

Ziggy & Stanford's girl Live from the Ruby Princess Nov 4-14, 2009!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1085618

Hi! We had a balcony-HC room on the Crown Princess last Jan. and LOVED it!!! Everything about it/ AND the entire cruise were PERFECT!!! Your photos are great and they show "exactly" how our HC stateroom looked!!! We will sail Princess again! They know how to deal with HC issues, for sure!!!

• 9 months later...

Hello Miss Marples,

In my experience the drains around the shower area work as expected most of the time. When the ship is in even slightly rough water however the drains sometimes cannot "catch" all the water. If the captain announces that high waves are expected then try to shower before the weather is expected. If you use the shower and find the drain is not catching it all then you can get extra towels from the steward and make a dam outside the drains (which go all around the shower) and this helps.

Hello Miss Marples,

In my experience the drains around the shower area work as expected most of the time. When the ship is in even slightly rough water however the drains sometimes cannot "catch" all the water. If the captain announces that high waves are expected then try to shower before the weather is expected. If you use the shower and find the drain is not catching it all then you can get extra towels from the steward and make a dam outside the drains (which go all around the shower) and this helps.

Thanks..I was also thinking about putting down towels for safety...T/Y!!!

Archived