Rough water

funcruises

You just never know. I have been on three Mexico cruises, some were as calm as a lake, once we could hardly stay in bed at night it was so rough. It is usually the trip heading north that is the rough part of the cruise. Make sure you take along your choice of seasick meds. You will be on the ocean and it is unpredictable, no matter what ship or time of year you are sailing there can still be some motion. The rough trip we were on, it did not matter where you were, the whole ship was rocking, people could hardly stand up. Then again, there was one cruise we were on that I had to go outside to check to see if the ship was actually moving, it was.

How rough is the water leaving LA to Mexico. TA told me I'd be better off in lower cabin. Said the first day and 1/2 are rocky and cross winds bad. Leaving March 13.

We are also sailing out on March 13th. Carnival Pride. What ship will you be on?

Just back Sunday and the seas were calm for the whole trip. I was anticipating rough seas on the way back to LA, from prior reports but this was not the case for us. To date, this has been our calmest voyage yet. Great!! Marilyn

Marilyn,

Where was your cabin on the ship?

Was it warm enough on sea days to be outside at the pool?

We were on the Diamond 1/8 sailing and had a forward cabin (supposedly one of the more prone to motion cabins), it was less smooth than the Caribbean and there were times I could feel a gentle rocking but I enjoyed it.

It was cold the first and last sea days and only a few of us were brave enough to venture into the enclosed pool area.

As I understand it, the name 'Pacific' comes from the word 'Pacify', so say the old time sailors who found its seas calm, 'peaceful'. In some 50-60 days in the Pacific, the only 'rough seas' I encountered was leaving Seattle, and hitting the

Pacfic as the tide turned, this was the worst that I have had in over 100 days at sea. Don't worry :) john taylor

Archived